• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5E/ Rampage Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulous

Dreadnought Class Senior
Hey guyz, need help here. Just reinstalled Vista Ultimate x64 on my board and in device manage I have no drivers for the SM Bus Controller on my board.

I did all the updates including the chipset drivers and still I can't seem to find the drivers for the controller. I could sure use the help with this as it's got me confused as heck.

No I don't have the mobo disk.

Uninstall the SMB in the device manager...then rescan for new hardware...should reinstall correctly

Neb, that is the problem with flashing a X38 with a X48 bios, Windows still sees it as a X38 chipset although the bios is that of a X48, use the universal X38/X48 Intel chipset update install file you can get straight from the Intel sight, if you use either the P5E or Rampage chipset drivers from Asus it will not load correctly.

I found alot of the intel chipset driver updates have been weird, the only one that gives me no trouble is the one from may 07 usually.

Yeah. I found that no matter which one I used from Asus's site, it doesn't wanna kick in. I used the one from Intel's site and tho it took a few tries/versions, I finally got it.

Funny with XP32/64 it was a piece of cake. Using Vista Ultimate 64 it was my first pita ;). Live and learn I guess.

Thx guyz.

I never had problems with installing chipset drivers, and I run vista x64 ultimate :p. But, use the ones from the intel site, those are more up to date than the asus ones.

Back