• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus NSE with Water Cooling Sysyte

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

billaugust

Hi
Recently I built a PC with Asus StrikerII NSE MB and thermaltake liquid cooling system.
And the problem comes. During the system self-detection, there are two warnings:
1. CPU abnormal. CPU over-temperature.
2. SB abnormal. SB over-temperature.
I checked the CPU temperature in bios and it was actually quite low (40-). I guess it is because the MB did not recognize the water cooling system well, so I pressed the F1 to continue. It did enter the OS successfully.
But only after around 10 mins, the system just shutdown automatically.
I would be very appreciated if someone can help me to solve this problem.
Many thanks.

Welcome! few things. What CPU? what Bios? are you sure your Heat sink is on right? I would think its one of 2 things. Bios or the CPU is not being cooled.

is it over clocked at all? Have you used CPU-Z to see your CPU voltage in windows?

Hi
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the Intel Q9550 and it is not overclocked.
Everything is in default mode.
And I guess for Asus NSE it can still work properly even without the heat sink.
I used the lcs to cool down both CPU and MB and i can see the temperature is under the warning level.

in the bios would be a auto shut off feature... if a fan isnt detected this could be causing it. go to the temp monitoring section in the bios and make sure to disable any shutdown meases if it doesnt see a fan on the headers.

Back