• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L no boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

super2007

Well my rig =e8400, ocz 1066 ram, wd6400aaks hd, CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W, GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L.

It powers on for few seconds, all fans roll but then after about 5 seconds it shuts off and doesn't boot. and reboots by it self and same thing over and over again. This happen over night. Was working fine before and all the sudden this morning it wouldnt' boot.
I tried different ram (ballistix tracer). same thing.
I tried to take the corsair 520w psu and install it on my rig (sig) and it works fine. So psu works fine.

I tried the ram on my second rig (sig) ram works fine.

I installed the jumper to clear the ram and tried to boot, but it doesn't.
What you guys think is the problem?

Set the jumper back to normal after one power cycle with it on the clear CMOS mode. Most boards won't boot with the jumper set to clear, as its purpose is to clear the CMOS once.

I have the same board, and built a rig for my brother with the same board, and had some head scratching non boots. In my case, it was the memory divider setting. It's not straight forward, so be sure it's set properly.

But the fact it will boot at all means it's OK. Just reset the CMOS, set the jumper back to normal, and retry the settings.

Good luck!

The exact same thing happened to my GA-P35-DS4 about 3 weeks ago, did everything you have done with the same results, I bit the bullet and RMA'd the mobo, turned out it was faulty.

Just got my new P5Q Deluxe and some of my RAM is not compatable, oh the joy!

Im having the same problem with my brand new GB board but i cant even get it into the bios to change mem settings, my a-data's didnt work dual channel, or single channel, and my vanilla 1gb kingston didnt work either. I think i might have to RMA at this point.

its not your board. its the sleep function. p45s have this issue too and ga issued a bios fix but it still doesn't work.

essentially, you tell your board to sleep and it does sleep, but it can't wake up if you oc it. no one has found a solution. seems it effects the p35s as well.

in short, don't tell your board to sleep and use auto timings on ram.

Back