• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intel chip and sli

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kullymontana

Registered
Hi will they release a new board with intel chip and sli board for 775 socket.As they have done with the x58.

775 is not only a crossfire board its sli to on 780i 790i.What i mean is now nvida will allow intel to have sli on there borads will there be a new upcoming board with intel chip like the x48 but with sli and not crossfire like they done with x58.

775 is not only a crossfire board its sli to on 780i 790i.What i mean is now nvida will allow intel to have sli on there borads will there be a new upcoming board with intel chip like the x48 but with sli and not crossfire like they done with x58.

Ok, what you meant to say was the socket 775, not the chipset, correct?

Intel's chipset is for crossfire
Nvidia's chipset is SLI (780i/790i)

Now if you're asking that if intel will make a socket 775 board that will support both SLi & Crossfire like the X58, the answer again is no.

X48 is the last Crossfire only board
790i is the last SLi Only board

X58 (SKT 1366) and upcoming intel chipsets (if any) will be supporting both SLi & Crossfire unless something changes. This is, of course, too early to say, but intel is done making the 775 as their main focus now is the new 1366 platform.

Hope this answers your question, unless I'm misunderstanding you.

Hi will they release a new board with intel chip and sli board for 775 socket.As they have done with the x58.

I don't think there is going to be anything newer for 775 & SLI than a 790i. At this point, Intel and Nvidia aren't focused on improving what is available for the old socket.

well it would be possible on current LGA775 intel based boards, meaning p35/P45/x38/x48. though then your asking say Asus or gigabyte to then use the NV media 200 chipset to get that sli support. you could if they set it up right on P45 have a tri-sli setup. since the media 200 chip has 24 pcie lanes or was it 36.. i lose track since it is not easy to find detailed info like that on NV's site. as pointed out though, it will no happen.

Back