• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo woes, want something simple

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boorishid

I currently have alot of hardware laying around and all of its messed up, im looking for a new mobo i can build a decent system with. Currently i own an asus striker (thing cpu inits for no reason now) A abit ip-35 pro (wont post just says cc even the clear cmos jumper is not set. And i just got a hand me down asus maximus formula wich wont post either it keeps locking up at random periods durning posting and bios freezes.

I currently have a quad qx6650 on rma and an e6750, also a bunch of ddr2 1000 and 800 and 4x1gig of ddr3 1600 gskill.

Im sick and tired of all these asus boards i just want something that works has none of that uguru, ai tuning bs that causes bios problems and is totally uneeded. Just want hi fsb clocker for a decent price that will stay up and running and has raid and pc-ie 2

P5Q-Pro or P5Q-E will suit your needs. The deluxe is better, but 16-pahse PWM - but the first two are pretty much just as good, and for a decent price. Asus are best, though, but i've read you can get cheaper alternatives such as Abit, Gigabit, etc...

ive read alot of good about those boards and am acually very intrested in the p45 chipset. Im just feeling very burnt by asus right now there mobos are so finicky. I really dont want anything that has any kind of auto clocking features on it that will jack up the bios or some rediculous stuff.

Back