• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new sub 0 cooling idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DrunkenCat

oke guys i was thinking if a way to do dry ice cooling when i thought of an idea it takeing 99% rubing alcohal and runing it threw dry ice in in a cup and wow thiss stuff gets cold it almost acts like liquid nitrogen freezes stuff but be carful it sticks to what ever u drop it on and freezes so i had the idea of runing thiss threw a water block and water pump and with a few cubes of dry ice in the res to chill the rubing alcohal some one has to try thiss i found u need to use better pipeing because it tends to freez up lol eney ideas guys

oke guys i was thinking if a way to do dry ice cooling when i thought of an idea it takeing 99% rubing alcohal and runing it threw dry ice in in a cup and wow thiss stuff gets cold it almost acts like liquid nitrogen freezes stuff but be carful it sticks to what ever u drop it on and freezes so i had the idea of runing thiss threw a water block and water pump and with a few cubes of dry ice in the res to chill the rubing alcohal some one has to try thiss i found u need to use better pipeing because it tends to freez up lol eney ideas guys

The alcohol would evaporate through the tiniest gaps. Not really practical. Also, water pumps start to act funny if you run them under very cold temperatures. Also, tubing and any acrylic tents to crack when cooled in some cases. You will get better temperatures by using a standard dry ice pot benching setup IMO

its called a chiller and its been done, not sure by who but it has. you generally get better temps just using a pot of dry ice and alcohol.

I think you mean chilled liquid cooling.

Chilled liquid cooling - using ice or some other means to cool down the liquid in a liquid cooling system.

Chiller - a device/machine such as a phase change cooler, used to cool down the liquid in a liquid cooling system.

Back