• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X58 Platinum overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nbarsotti

I have not been able to find any thread yet dedicated to the overclocking of the MSI X58 Platinum motherboard. I am having a great deal of difficulties using the v1.1 BIOS. If you have successful settings please post the here. I would expect that this will be a popular mobo because of its price. Thank you

I have Core i7 920 and 6gb of Kingston DDR3-1333. I can't get stable at 166 bclock.

well i7 is a different beast when ocing.. have you gone over your settings in bios. then checked out the other boards people are using to see if they have the same settings? i mean like cpuvtt and what not. some boards likes to use different names for the same thing.

i would also check MSI's site to see if they have released a new bios though.

I have been doing a lot of research on other boards, the problems I am seeing with my X58 are more like the voltage controls and memory multipliers not working correctly. The v1.1 is the newest MSI BIOS, unless you know a source for beta leaks. I will post my attempted settings later tonight.

what do you mean not working correctly? you mean like setting 1.35volts for the cpu but only getting 1.3? if it is something like that, that is normal and happens on all boards. as for the memory multi's not all may work right now, if you need a beta bios have you call MSI support? i havent seen any postings yet of a beta bios at xtremesystems.org

check your vcore, if its set to auto its probably scaling up with the increased Bclock. Although if the voltage controls are indeed not working as you suggest, have you tried using whatever overclocking utility MSI provides to raise your Bclock in windows?

Back