• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alternative to CDW?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

I currently order my companies IT hardware and sometimes software from CDW. My account rep recently left, I have no idea why, and they stuck me with a complete epic failure. I only stayed with CDW before because my rep was awesome gave me some perks and free shipping and deep discount prices. Come to think of it maybe thats why is no longer there. ;)

Anyway I have no ties to CDW, so there is no point in asking for another rep.
Personally I shop at newegg and love it, but I need a salesperson to manage everything for me on a commercial level. I need the service portion too. We buy about 200kyr depending on upgrades and expansion etc.

So I want to know where do you guys shop?

If you have a really good rep at another place give me your name and his. :thup:

Thanks.

Last edited:
I work for a VERY small computer repair store. We order almost exclusively from Newegg, and had never contacted them other than to order parts. About 6-7 months ago they called us and set us up with a rep that we could contact directly with any questions and that could possibly offer better prices and free shipping than directly from the website. We dont use the service that often (only on complete builds or very expensive parts) but they will usually try to help with free shipping if nothing else. Might want to call Newegg and ask if they still offer this service or something cimilar for corporate accounts.

Dell is okay, I have a premiere account with them, so their discounts aren't so bad.. We ordered about 12k worth of networking equipment, I got on the phone with one of the premiere sales person and he gave me a nice fat discount with next day delivery (came out to 8k total).. and this isnt for the cheap stuff, im talking about layer 3 routers, 48 port gig-e switches, etc...

I also have an account with CDW for our licensing stuff, but I switched over to newegg/dell for most of our purchasing hardware since it is cheaper.

for my company, i order through techdepot (office depot owned), dell corporate account, and newegg
we have accounts set up at cdw, and a couple of others, but i have probably spent a couple hundred k at newegg this year alone, and several hundred k at dell

I have CDW-G (government) and my rep is great. He calls and emails a lot regarding promotions. I was originally using a small business in the area, but they took too long to get me parts and a $3400 refund took over 2 months to process and get to me even though I was lead to believe it was on its way several times. That was it for me. CDW's site is also fairly easy to get around and my guy has been able to get me backordered laptop batteries quicker than quoted.

Dell, great. Tech support is nice through their chat system incase I have a couple things going on as opposed to being attached to the phone. Their tech support is out here in a quick manner and always communicating with me even if they are having delays at other jobs.

Gateway. AVOID! They just filed for bankruptcy and MPC (who does their business side) has basically put a freeze on all tech support requests. I have a laptop needing a new motherboard for over a month now and have no idea when it will actually/if ever get fixed.

OfficeMax/Staples. Best place to buy a printer. Officemax anyway will sell you a 1 year replacement for $45. This is a great deal especially for laser printers which have many more parts prone to failure. If anything goes wrong, I just take it back for another without having to mess around with it myself or pay out the butt for a contract.

I wish Newegg did more business and especially public sector. The state's IT division would probably benefit a lot and I know I would. Otherwise, I am pretty much forced to do contract business only with small exceptions of purchasing myself/getting reimbursed.

Although CDW-G is working out pretty well as I pay cheap shipping and get stuff from Chicago pretty quick.

i had a newegg business account up until late Jan/early Feb of this year when they canned all the business accounts. i have heard rumors that they are going to reestablish the business side of things which would help immensely

I work for a VERY small computer repair store. We order almost exclusively from Newegg, and had never contacted them other than to order parts. About 6-7 months ago they called us and set us up with a rep that we could contact directly with any questions and that could possibly offer better prices and free shipping than directly from the website. We dont use the service that often (only on complete builds or very expensive parts) but they will usually try to help with free shipping if nothing else. Might want to call Newegg and ask if they still offer this service or something cimilar for corporate accounts.

Do you like your rep? Can you give me his/her email?

Back