• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what the heck DHL?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

i have just witnessed the stupid.
DHL is generally pretty god but the latest package ordered from new egg shipped "free egg saver shipping" and it turned out to be DHL. oh good i thought i usually get it in 3 days when they ship DHL any thing cheap.
DHL.jpg

what the heck, it went past me to washington? thats a UPS move if i have ever seen one, DHL generally doesent pass me up. we have a large airport for where this is (aka a small hell hole), we are right on I5 and we get freight via railways....and then they pass it off to USPS?

well atleast i know i'll get it this week, because a couple weeks ago i sent a package from arlington washington to el paso texas and it got there a day later some how. so USPS is all set for holiday packages.

is this the decline of another package delivery service?

In my business we NEVER use DHL as a rule.

IMHO there's no such thing as a decline, as they're pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. Worst thing we've had so far is they actually contract small package local deliveries to essentially just guys in plain vans. No accountability= none of my business.

They are ending delivery in the US. By the end of JAN 9800ish DHL people will be jobless and they know it now, so I would not expect them to deliver with a smile on their face.

DHL plans to stop shipping within the United States on the ground and in the air effective Jan. 30, 2009.

the shipping program used by newegg is DHL's smartmail. they way it works is DHL picks up from the shipper then delivers to the nearest USPS distribution center where USPS delivers to your door - this program is offered by both DHL and FedEx and frankly ... it sux ... neither company garantees delivery in less than 7 days and my experience most of that is USPS which once in thier hands cant be tracked - the only people this program saves money for is the shipper and shippee ... as the recipient you're screwed

last time DHL delivered it to my door though, yellow van and everything

edit: well it got here today. about 3:30 i saw the mail man stuffing it into our box...literally stuffing.

any way mabe new egg should just ship USPS for their free shipping

Last edited:
Wasn't aware Newegg was doing this, until I tracked a package from DHL(which I also didn't know about) to USPS. Didn't take long for delivery, but it really seems like some sort of desperate move for shipping. By now almost everyone knows DHL is pretty much history in the US.

I refuse to accept newegg's dhl shipping. Last item I ordered shipped out the next day as usual and I was sent a DHL tracking. I concluded that it was shipped via usps a day after that. The r-tards at dhl on transfer to usps wrote my address wrong and I never received the damn package. I called the egg and had to wait another week for fedex to ship it to me.
Kind of steering away from the egg these days, I dont like crap shipping that screws most of the customers (dhl) , I dont like them hiding their shipping costs, and i sure dont like them raising their standard shipping rates via ups by 2-5 dollars and offering this crappy dhl shipping...

Same thing happened to me last week:

"DHL... back to pass..."

"INTERCEPTION!"

Team Rainless' package gets there four days late and is SHOVED into a mailbox.

Well sometimes when USPS or Fedex,DHL don't have alot of packages for the area or have too much they pass it on to UPS or so on it saves time and money, I work for UPS here in philly and I get bags full of Fedex and USPS, DHL stuff every day. So it nothing big just how it works. unless you dont like USPS? I dislike USPS,DHL and Fedex

One of my coworkers part times for a courier service.. at least once a week she gets a 'Fedex Expedited' package.. and has to deliver it same day, or next morning if after 5pm.. Fedex charges an arm and a leg for the service (had to
expedite a package to miami from atlanta, ended up costing around 400, but got there before 5pm same day) she gets .95 a mile, one way for packages up to 3lbs.. anything larger she gets 1.25=2.00 depending. The funny thing is, she's just a subcon.. not a fedex employee.

One of the jobs they offered her was a 12lb package that needed to be picked up at 1am, and be in miami before 8. offered her $783 to do the job. I checked for the cheapest airfare i could find.. left Hartsfield at 2am, she got to miami at 6:30. 383 rd trip.. Plus she had a day in Miami.

i know this post is old and all but the samething happend to me on the motherboard i ordered on black friday, i checked the status today and it was in LOUISVILLE, KY which is right above me(im in tennessee) and for some reason it gets sent to WEST COLUMBIA, SC why i have no clue, also i HATE dhl i almost sued them a couple of Christmas's ago cause they lost a christmas gift i ordered for my grandma and they kept telling me they would send someone back to where they dropped it off at but they never did, it was shipped to my girlfriends parents place and ups and fedex never had a problem getting packages there, but her mom found the package a week or so later after christmas turns out it was at a house across the street:-/

*sigh* Newegg is off my list of places to shop until DHL is completely out of business.

I'm in mississippi..

12/2/2008 5:18 AM ET HEBRON, KY, US TENDERED TO USPS
12/1/2008 1:19 PM ET HEBRON, KY, US PROCESSED
12/1/2008 10:04 AM ET HEBRON, KY, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
11/30/2008 4:30 PM CT MEMPHIS, TN, US PICK UP

Memphis is 4 hours away.. Next day for fedEx and UPS.. HEBRON, KY is on the Ohio state line.

*sigh* Maybe I'll get it next week...

Back