• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IP35 won't start after downclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Massive

Registered
Hi all.

I usually Overclock my Q6600 G0 @3,6Ghz (400x9) at ABIT IP35 Dark Rider, that setting went 24/7 just fine.
Recently I would like to try downclocking it for 1,8Ghz (200x9) and change memory multiplier to 2x FSB so the memory ran at DDR2 800.

After I restart, the system just keep restarting, it won't even post to BIOS.
I have tried plug off all the component and electricty and put clear cmos jumper on whole days, and still won't solve the problem.
I don't know any other ways to restore my BIOS to its default state.

Is there anyone having this problem with the same mobo?
Or anyone have a solution on this problem?

THanks b4 for the help :)

dude some times these mobos are a real pain in the butt. I have had this happen to me. Cleared the cmos a few times tried tried tried. Worked happened again found that I blew some ram.

Does the ip35 have the LED read out like the ip35 Pro does? Look at the numbers if it does.

Are you removing the battery before you move the cmos jumper to clear?

yes, I even put off the battery from the place, and change the clear cmos on, and unplug all the PSU cable to the mobo for whole day, and it still doesn't worked

dude some times these mobos are a real pain in the butt. I have had this happen to me. Cleared the cmos a few times tried tried tried. Worked happened again found that I blew some ram.

Does the ip35 have the LED read out like the ip35 Pro does? Look at the numbers if it does.

Nope, IP35 doesn't have the debug post code like IP35 Pro does :shrug:.

This abit mobo is killing me, this has happened several times, and for those times I just lucky when finally can turn on the mobo again, no special procedures, just trying to clear the cmos in several situation.

I don't think ram is the problem, this happened after I change the bios to change the FSB 200 (downclocking, because the default for my processor is 266) and change the RAM multiplier to 2x. when I save the setting, after it restart it just keep restarting.

do u ever experience this before on your IP35 PRo?

Ya something like this on my IP35 pro.

This is what i would do. run only 1 stick. still doing the same thing try the other. still doing the same thing if you have a different video card.

When you down clocked it did you open the case? just before or just after you downed clocked it?

Ya something like this on my IP35 pro.

This is what i would do. run only 1 stick. still doing the same thing try the other. still doing the same thing if you have a different video card.

When you down clocked it did you open the case? just before or just after you downed clocked it?

I downclocked it, and when the system error I opened the case.

Is that really important about when I opened the case?

Btw I have tried with other VGA and also have run it with only 1 stick of ram, and still doesn;t change anything :(

The only reason I ask if you opened the case is, if you had a charge and a spark jumped when you touch something. This is why you always ground your self out before you touch anything.

The only reason I ask if you opened the case is, if you had a charge and a spark jumped when you touch something. This is why you always ground your self out before you touch anything.

oh I see.
Btw, I've tried the board outside the case too but still the same problem.

Anything I should do on this board before RMA?

I'm having similar issues with my IP35 (non-pro). When I restart, it's like taking shots in the dark...sometimes it boots fine, sometime it doesn't even post (resetting the bios doesn't seem to have any effect) sometimes it hangs before it finishes displaying "Memory test" when posting...I've tried known good ram as well as my brand new stuff. Usually flipping the switch on the psu off for a few seconds then turning it back on seems to work the best, sometimes it takes a few times.

I have no idea why it's so finicky, happens whether I'm oc'd or at stock. And once it's in windows it's stable as a rock...(currently been uptime is 3 days of heavy usage.)

I haven't had it very long and I'm hoping to figure it out because it's friggin' annoying. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

BTW, I'm running the latest bios revision if you're wondering.

Back