• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia 780i OC'ing & bios setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yomny

I come from an AMD board and i was always used to changing the FSB and multiplier and then got my clock frequency for example using my 3.2ghz cpu my settings were 200x16 @ 1.35v stock, my question is now with the intel MOBO i dont see the three digit FSB i see a QDR 1066 and then the 9x multiplier.. When i read around so see some over clocking settings i see others talking about changing the FSB to, ei. 300x9 but where do i get to change that in bios? cant seem to find the three digit FSB.. sorry for my ignorance. Thanks for your help

any suggestions, links maybe i could go and read. i need to know what settings to tweak in this bios in order increase fsb.. the three digit one no the qdr 1066, unless thats the one in intel MOBO's

It might help us to know which particular board you have, but in any case. Whatever you have set as the CPU Reference Clock (MHz), when divided by four and then multiplied by the CPU Multiplier, you'll end up w/ the resulting CPU Freq. (MHz). For example 333 MHz x 9 = CPU Ref. Clock of 1333 / 4 x CPU Multiplier of 9, which equals CPU Freq. of 3.0 GHz (2997 MHz).

well the board as described in the title is the Nvidia 780i sli dont know if there is anything else to describe but.. you said exactly what i was looking for... is the FSB QDR XXXX/4 and that eguals my three digit FSB, lol sorry for the stupidity i guess its a quad processor thing.

need some settings to get the q6600 over 2.6ghz, i have volt settings set to auto and the mobo has compensated for fsb and spp by increasing them to 1.4 and i set the vcore manually to 1.28 which was the stock auto setting. I cant get anything about 2.6 or QDR 1190 without messing more with the vcore voltages, but i went step by step increasing volts and tried booting but nothing.
Here are some pics, some things are changed from the pics.. as stated above.
CPUconfig.jpg

Virtualization tech is disabled
FSBconfig.jpg

FSB QDR is 1190 and still boots stock volts
Voltage.jpg

CPUcore is manually set to 1.28 and cpu z reads 1.24

Back