• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigabyte ex58 UD5 vs UD5P?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dim1014

is there a difference between these? I see some UD5P reviews and stuff on the internet but can't find the difference between it and the UD5 (UD5P also seems to be sold in a few places like ebay)

Just did a google and what I noticed was if the site was selling the board there was no "P". If it was a review it had a "P". Maybe "P" was pre-release version of the board.

P has TPM, some kind of hardware encryption for partitions. P for paranoid.

i compare the spec between these two seem only difference are the heatsink. everything else is same, bio, feature etc
if you read the manual for both two the only difference is the heatsink

i compare the spec between these two seem only difference are the heatsink. everything else is same, bio, feature etc
if you read the manual for both two the only difference is the heatsink

I cant see anything about different heatsink. Sure you are not mixing up with EX58-Extreme? And there is a difference in Bios for the UD5P, an extra page to enable/disable the "security" chip. Physically the only difference is also that chip, its located next to the bios chips in the lower left corner of the board, right in front of the third PCIe-16 slot.

I contacted Gigabyte.
official response from technical support
Dear Customer,

The UD5P is a cancelled project. It will not be mass produced.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products

Back