• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Blood-Iron: Unable to run dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xb1az3x

I have a DFI Blood Iron P35-T2RL and for some reason it refuses to boot with more than one stick of memory. I can put a single stick in any slot and boot up, but when I put the second stick in it refuses to boot, I've tried everything I can think of and there doesn't seem to be any answers to this elsewhere on the internet. Anyone have a similar problem or know how to fix this?

The memory in question is G.Skill F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

I have already tried working on an RMA with DFI but it has honestly been the worst experience ever so I am hoping this can be solved without an RMA.

Have you checked both memory sticks with memtest86+? It could be that one of your memory sticks is dead.

What exactly have you tried?

Are the sticks booting at 400mhz with 5-5-5-18 @1.8v?

Hop into the bios and turn down the settings... set the ram to run at whatever base frequency the cpu FSB runs at... and loosen the timing up to 5-5-5-18 and maybe try pumpin 1.9v into them and then attempt the dual channel configuration.

Not going to lie though, it sounds like you either have a bad set of sticks, or the ram isn't compatible with that board.

Install only one stick of RAM, then change the timings to 5-5-5-15 (all sub-timings on AUTO), w/ the Vdimm set to 2.0v. Change the DRAM Speed to 266 / 800 (2:3), for an effective Target DRAM Speed of 798 MHz... this is w/ the FSB set to 266 MHz, and at the default x9 multiplier. Next install the second stick of RAM, w/ both in the white DIMM slots (dual channel mode).

Well I have checked the sticks with memtest and they're both good, either one by itself in any slot will boot. Tried all of the suggestions above, no dice. Gonna try another set of sticks later today. The processor is an e8400 if that makes any difference.

DFI is VERY VERYVERYYYYYYYYYY picky about ram, it is unreal! one fall back of going DFI

i had the same issue with some OCZ ram it would work one day but not the next had to go in manually set the settings, and then it would work, then stop and set it to auto then work, i finally ditched it and got some corsair ram and never had a problem after that, people say DFI likes corsair and patriot ram, i now have patriot viper 4 x 2G sticks and it works great.

Back