• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LP DK P45 - LP DK P45 T2RS memory problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lazylizard

Registered
Hi .
I bought the board of my sig and i install the ram that you see also in my sig. The problem is that i cant make it work in dual channel mode. When i install the modules in dual channel mode the board doesn't post. The code on the board is c1. The board post and work properly only in single mode.I update the BIOS i install different modules for test but always the same results, the board cant open with modules in dual channel mode.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Install only one stick of RAM, change the timings to 5-5-5-18 (all sub-timings on AUTO), and w/ a Vdimm of 2.1v. Change the DRAM Speed to 333 / 800 (5:6) for an effective Target DRAM Speed of 799 MHz... this is w/ the FSB at 333 MHz, and the default x8 multiplier. Next install the second stick so both are in the orange slots.

Did you clear the cmos?

Unplug psu from wall
Press pwr button on case. This will drain the psu
Set jumper on board to clear cmos (refer to mobo manual)
Remove cmos battery from mobo

Let it sit that way for a bit (10-20 minutes)

Put cmos battery back
Set jumper back to Normal
Plug psu back into wall

Now do what redduc900 suggested. Try testing each stick in each slot first like so:

Place ram stick: Slot A boot up, set timings manually, power off, then B, then C, then D. Do this with both sticks.

Report back.

First of all yesterday i change the board to PLUS edition. Unfortunately the problem stays.
Nebulous and redduc900 i did exactly what you said and i found that the board post only when i install the memory in the first two slots :confused:
The default volt of the modules is 1.83v. I'm really confused about this problem.

Last edited:
You increased the SPD voltage past the default of 1.8 - 1.85 up to 2.1 Vdimm, and it still wouldn't POST in dual channel mode?

I need more than just a "yeap"... I need to know from you the exact procedure you followed prior to booting up w/ both sticks installed in dual channel mode, in your own words. And I need to know what the DRAM speed is set to in the BIOS, for example 5:6, 4:5, etc., and what the Target DRAM Speed is. Include FSB, CPU Clock Ratio, and all voltages including Vdimm as read from the Hardware Monitor section of the BIOS.

Ok, so i clear the bios and then install one stick in the first slot. I set the dimm volt to 2.1v and timings to 5-5-5-18 the others in auto, cpu clock and multi default (8x333). Set the memory to 333/800. Start the pc->post->login.
Same procedure but the module in second slot the pc post and login normaly.
3rd try with the module in the 3rd slot the board doesn't post . Tried with the second module , no post either.
The same procedure in the forth slot no post. I check the modules with memtest and they are ok ( i used to work with this modules for a year before).
I tried all the above with default volt (1.83v dimm) with exactly same results.

Ok so your ram is ok, but ram slots 3 & 4 will not allow the board to post correct?

If this is the case, then that board is borked. It's RMA time.

You tried evrything we ( redduc & I) suggested and you still have that problem. Really nothing else you can do. Unless if you had other ram to try out to check slots 3 & 4, that board is done.

Install one stick of RAM in the orange slot closest to the CPU, load Optimized Defaults in the BIOS, and then change only those settings necessary to boot into Windows successfully. Next download Memset from here...

http://www.tweakers.fr/

... and post a pic. w/ it open. Download the newest version of Smart Guardian from DFI, and post a pic. w/ it open also so I can see all of your current voltages.

The funny thing is that this board is the second i tried. Yesterday i went to the store i bought it and change it with a new one. First i had a DK P45 T2RS and now i have the PLUS version. Do you think i'm so lucky to pick 2 board with same problem? May be i am.:(:(:(:(:(

Reboot to the BIOS, change the tRFC (REF to ACT Delay) to 54, and keep the four primary timings set at 5-5-5-18 for the time being (keep Vdimm at it's current 1.9 - 2.0v, and all other sub-timings on AUTO); hit F10 and save. Boot back into Windows, and shut down normally. Install the 2nd stick of RAM in the remaining orange slot, and again try to POST.

@ redduc900 unfortunately no post
@Nebulous i know its a crappy PSU but can it affect the ram? the bad think is that i don't have a second one to try.

Back