• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Cancellation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sleeper213

Registered
So I ordered a Blu-ray drive and video card last night on impulse, and I realized that I'm in no position to buy stuff for myself because money is tight. I tried to cancel my order first thing today in the morning, but there was no option to as it said that my card was charged and I can't make anymore changes to my order. Does anyone else find that a little shady? If all they did was charge my card, then why can't I cancel my order? Amazon is always great with this.

Since it's the weekend, I couldn't call into their office to cancel my order. Well, guess what? A few hours later my order status changes to 'Shipped'. WTF? If there office isn't even open on Sunday, how the hell do they end up shipping it on Sunday when no delivery courier does this?

Anyway, I do plan to call in first thing tomorrow morning to cancel my order, but I'm not sure if it'll be in enough time. If it is too late, is it possible to refuse the shipment and get a full refund with no restocking fee?

Very frustrated and very disappointed with Newegg...

No, I don't find that shady. NewEgg prides itself on expeditiously and accurately executing your orders - after all, that's why we all love them so much. We put our order in one night, and about two nights later (at least for me, but I live only 50 miles or so from NewEgg World Headquarters here in California) my stuff shows up in big boxes.

It's entirely possible that due to the holiday weekend (Black Friday) Newegg operated their order processing facilities Friday-Saturday-Sunday-Monday, since they almost certainly experienced high demand on Friday, and needed to clear the backlog. Thus, they packaged, processed, and uploaded your order. I can see customer service sticking to Monday-Friday, however, as they are not precisely required to keep things operating as far as charge-verify-package-upload-ship.

Bluntly: Your screwup is not Newegg's responsibility. I would try going through the RMA process ("Wrong item purchased") or merely call and 'splain yourself to them.

Captain Newbie is correct. Once your order goes to status "3," it's too late. It's all there in their instructions and it gives you a little time to consider "Buyer's Remorse."

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

And as you can see, they even lurk here. :)

I cannot stress enough that if you want to make certain that the good folks at Newegg understand your situation you should call them and not rely on electronic communications. Person to person is where their customer service really shines and any issues I have ever had are always sorted out quickly this way. This is the main reason that I will use Newegg whenever possible as long as the price is not way higher than at other places. And even if it is, I still will sometimes call and give them the chance to keep my business coming to them (even though the official policy is they don't price match).

I was having an issue as well. I don't think promising to buy something helps cancel an order. I ordered a 46" Sharp HDTV on black Friday. It has not yet shipped but has been charged. I've been trying to change it to the more expensive 52" Sharp instead. Despite repeated calls and online chats the best I got was a request that it be canceled. I've explained several times that all I wanted to do was upgrade to a large more expensive TV to no avail. I e-mailed Alex last night hopefully he can help!

Back