• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I love NewEgg, but using DHL makes me pause...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MitchV

I ordered some memory and received a notice that DHL is the delivery service. My understanding is that they will likely hand it off to the USPS.

I have had so many bad experiences with DHL, that I have refused to work with vendors in the past who do not offer other options besides DHL. Had I known DHL was the "free shipping" option, I'd have gone with somebody else. Hopefully everything will work out.

I would hate to see NewEgg sully their reputation with a bad shipping service.

yeah its really bad now free shipping 3-7 cause it took them 7 days to get my stuff from nj to ny which takes ups ground 1 day =| so i will never order with that 3-7 day free shipping =/

Ordered Saturday morning 11/29 - current status while being delivered to Virginia:

12/4/2008 4:14 AM ET ELKRIDGE, MD, US TENDERED TO USPS
12/4/2008 3:26 AM ET ELKRIDGE, MD, US ARRIVAL DESTINATION DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
12/3/2008 8:50 AM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US DEPARTURE ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
12/2/2008 6:52 PM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US PROCESSED
12/2/2008 2:12 PM ET RUTHERFORD, NJ, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
12/1/2008 5:47 PM ET EDISON, NJ, US PICK UP

It's not the end of the world, but I expect better from NewEgg based on my past experiences. I ordered the motherboard and CPU from buy.com at the same time and they have already been delivered.

man if its in my state why cant it stay there or if you can figure it out why not give an option to pick it up myself

12/8/2008 5:32 AM ET HEBRON, KY, US TENDERED TO USPS
12/7/2008 11:38 PM ET HEBRON, KY, US PROCESSED
12/7/2008 9:35 PM ET HEBRON, KY, US ARRIVAL ORIGIN DHL GLOBAL MAIL FACILITY
12/5/2008 11:59 PM CT MEMPHIS, TN, US PICK UP

This is why they have a drop-down menu for shipping choices. Times are tough, gentlemen.

My dealings with DHL have largely been limited to interline experiences with them (we had to drop off and pick up at the DHL station nearest the destination - no to-the-door courier service). It's been average, depending on the quality of the local station. DHL OXR, for instance, is pretty good--no complaints about them. Some of the other stations, not so much. It would be cool if you could specify pick-up at local station, rather than letting USPS maul your packages.

They'll be gone soon anyway.

This is why they have a drop-down menu for shipping choices. Times are tough, gentlemen.

My dealings with DHL have largely been limited to interline experiences with them (we had to drop off and pick up at the DHL station nearest the destination - no to-the-door courier service). It's been average, depending on the quality of the local station. DHL OXR, for instance, is pretty good--no complaints about them. Some of the other stations, not so much. It would be cool if you could specify pick-up at local station, rather than letting USPS maul your packages.

They'll be gone soon anyway.

yeah and im sure i can say for everyone that once their gone there will be peace on earth or atleast in shipping :)

i would much rather have fedex or ups than dhl, in my experience they have very bad and very poor customer service etc

I've never had anything come to me in pieces until I started using UPS. Federal Express has always been very good about delivering stuff intact and ahead of schedule. UPS has gotten better, but they still slam stuff around a whole bunch.

That, and I have a LOT of friends who work for FDX - so a little loyalty. It's a truly impressive operation.

I've never had anything come to me in pieces until I started using UPS. Federal Express has always been very good about delivering stuff intact and ahead of schedule. UPS has gotten better, but they still slam stuff around a whole bunch.

That, and I have a LOT of friends who work for FDX - so a little loyalty. It's a truly impressive operation.

UPS left my $200 monitor on my front door step for hours before I got home from work. Thankfully it was still there when I got home.

The one and only time I used DHL they left a $600 box of stuff outside the main entrance to a 20+ unit condo building. If i hadn't been refreshing the tracking page every 5 minutes I would never have known it was even delivered. I'm going to be spending $1k+ in the next month or so at Newegg, any way to guarantee I don't get DHL?

They have a habit of leaving stuff at the far end of my driveway (I live on a flag lot). Unsat.

I was tempted to contact UPS and tell them I never got my package and there would be no way to prove it because there was no signature. It went against my conscious and my monitor was still there so I didn't. Maybe thats the only way UPS would learn.

I was tempted to contact UPS and tell them I never got my package and there would be no way to prove it because there was no signature. It went against my conscious and my monitor was still there so I didn't. Maybe thats the only way UPS would learn.

I have been tempted to do this as well, but I don't feel like being a rebble at my early age just yet =)

I have had a few experiences with DHL and they have all been bad as well. I have a dog that always barks when someone comes up to our door. DHL is the only one that will not ring our doorbell or knock (pretty sure it's because of our dog). I am always home for my deliveries as to make sure they don't just leave them on my doorstep, but when they don't ring or knock how am I supposed to know I have a package?

Most likely UPS would not care. NewEgg is probably self insured and does not declare the value with UPS. Thus UPS would be off the hook and NewEgg would have to replace it.

ya ima agree with you guys... this eggsaver shipping SUX...

granted my item i purchased that got shipped on the 4th is comming from the NJ wearhouse (i live in socal) but cmon ... package was handed to USPS saturday somewhere in southern california and its not here today yet... i hate this hand off shipping stuff, ordered from best buy once and the did the same UPS to local USPS then it took another 3 days for usps to get it to me which was WEIRD... swear they put it in like a dark corner if another shipping company brings it.

Normally i can order from newegg in the morning say on monday.. and have my stuff tuesday mid afternoon.

when did they switch to DHL? every order ive played with newegg (2 weeks ago was last..) all came iva ups even with the free shipping.

i just put an order in for microsd + ms pro duo adapter and i forgot all about how bad the free shipping was and now its going to take a week for me to get lol =/ coming from nj to ny which is only like 1 hour difference if any... soo yeah =/ i ordered it tonight to and was charged so fast so yeah no chance to cancel o well, i still love newegg

I worked for airborne express one x-mass which is now dhl... Minimum wage employees plus my first day I was sorting 1 day air mail and had no clue wtf I was doing...

I have never shipped with them since! Ohh they never sent me my last check...

They unload the mail out of the planes by taking the smaller boxes out first and putting them on the bottom of the truck then loading the dells on top(days of crt's) figure that out...

I ordered a package deal of PNY flash drives from them with the "free" shipping which turned out to be DHL. They handed it off to usps after having it for 5 days. handed it off and some re-knob either told usps the wrong address or they were told the correct address and wrote it down wrong. I tracked it for 4 more days then it said delivered. I did not have a package at all so I called the post office and was told it was there when it wasnt. 3 more days and I tried to track it again and it said undeliverable address. Called newegg and they refunded my money and sent out a new item with fedex 2 day.

All in all I was happy in the end but jeez was I pi**ed at some person I had never or will ever meet.

Back