• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA RMA Scam

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funzie

After being being a loyal ASUS customer for motherboars I switch to the EVGA 680i last year, which now seems to have been a mistake. Problem being EVGA's shady website and policies. For my board, unless you register it with them within 30 days of purchase your warranty becomes a 1 year limited warranty. Guess what? It expired two months ago. Great, if I had known that from the start I would have registered it then. So a few days ago I registered my board. Filled in all the information they required, purchase date, uploaded receipt, and personal info. And then this magic Advance RMA button shows up. So I say "Great i'll sign up for it, and get my replacement quicker.". I do, then I go through the process of submitting my RMA and it goes through, the next day I receive an email that my RMA is denied because I have registered the board after 30 days of purchase and my warranty is expired. Im fine with that, however, what ****es me off is that they won't refund me the $15 I paid for. An advance RMA that I will never be able to use, because they will never accept my board. I call them shady because, they make it a point to list the registration and purchase dates on their website for the product, and they still give you an option to sign up for the advance RMA, when they should already know the warranty is expired.

You're right they shouldn't take the $15 advance RMA fee for a product that can't be RMAd. You probably shouldn't have tried to register it either knowing it wouldn't work :p Anyway, did you try contacting them about it yet before posting this? It sounds at least partly as if it's poor programming on the website, not that they're necessarily trying to take your money for nothing but there's no way to know for sure without at least asking them, complaining first without trying to resolve the issue doesn't do any good.

Worst case is do a chargeback with your CC company.

I have called and emailed. Emails return were not replied and when I called they just read their TOS. Im going to call once more after work today and try to talk to a manager.

I didn't know the warranty was only good for a year until after I got the reply from the RMA department. I just assumed, like any reputable computer hardware company they would have atleast 5 year warranty. That was a mistake on my part.

Well what did you say when you called? Did you try to demand the warranty or did you ask for your money back? If you asked for the warranty I would imagine they'd respond with their TOS regarding that, if you're lucky maybe you can get the warranty anyway. I'm sorry you didn't get the full warranty length, I don't have any eVGA products atm but iirc they do include something on or in the packaging saying you have to register. At this point maybe you should just try to get your money refunded.

i dunno what your talking about man ... my stepup (half of which is an RMA) went so smooth back when i stepped up from my 7900gt to 8800gts 640.

sounds like its kinda on you for not reading their warrenty policy.

bad luck man. i've always stayed with Asus for every piece of hardware they can offer, just that this time i tried a Powercolor gpu.

off topic: if everybody does the stepup program, woudln't Evga be losing money? because you're getting a better graphics card at no cost.

After posting about my troubles on their forum they have offered a refund or to do the RMA. This is a plus for them, it seems like they care for the customer, which is great!

Back