• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TEC Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BMilos

So, I am setting up a water cooling and I have done some reading on TEC's. My question is, can I just add a meanwell and a 245w potted peltier to my setup, insulate my mobo and that's it?

I am using the GTZ as a CPU block, and a black ice extreme 360 rad.

So, I am setting up a water cooling and I have done some reading on TEC's. My question is, can I just add a meanwell and a 245w potted peltier to my setup, insulate my mobo and that's it?

I am using the GTZ as a CPU block, and a black ice extreme 360 rad.

You'll want a coldplate between the TEC and your CPU, but yeah, that is mostly it. Make very sure on your insulation though. I lost a CPU to a very small pinhole in the conformal coating before.

Thanks for the reply. I was wondering about coldplates....

Can I use kneaded rubber/neoprene for a 24/7 installation?

I like things neat and removable. Will it be OK?

If so, do I still need grease?

edit : took out link to another forum. Not sure if that's allowed or not....

You'll likely want to use conformal coating and not skimp on insulation... it only takes a bead of condensation in the wrong spot to short a connection and get current where it doesn't belong.

As for links, you can link whatever you want so long as it fits with the spirit of the forum rules. No goatse, tubgirl, etc... Other forums are fine and encouraged, especially if they help get your message across.

Back