• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So who dropped the ball here?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dapman02

Alright, so on Monday I ordered a MSI wind from newegg. I didn't want to wait for that long so I paid the $28.00 for over night shipping and 3 dollars for rush processing. Well first They didn't ship the package out until tuesday, no big deal to me because I ordered it after 12:00. So they shipped it out yesterday, so overnight should mean that I get it today right, wrong. It's 7:57pm here wednesday and I still don't have it. Who do I call to get some of my money back, newegg or ups.
This is what it says for my activity
12/02/2008 15:08:45 BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]
that is all it says so I'm worried that it's stuck at newegg. I'm pretty frustrated that I spent so much for rush processsing and shipping, and I don't get it any faster.

Alright so I got an update.
12/03/2008 20:03:00 ORIGIN SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
So it looks like newegg dropped the ball and sent the billing information but didn't ship it out until TODAY. I'm going to call tonight and demand that I get some kind of appeasement for this delay. It is rediculus that I pay for overnight shipping and rush processing on Monday and I don't recieve it until THURSDAY.

You're going to get the standard "It can take up to 48 hours to process your order" which would cover them until Thursday for the overnight shipping. Unfortunately the rush processing is a joke so I wouldn't waste the money, it's only $2.99 but why waste it. Don't get me wrong here, I love Newegg and have always had great experiences with them but I've been on the receiving end of that next day shipping and the 48 hour processing. Usually I just get the standard shipping and they process my order and ship the same day, but as soon as I select next day.......Bam!!!! 48 hour processing. :mad:

You're going to get the standard "It can take up to 48 hours to process your order" which would cover them until Thursday for the overnight shipping. Unfortunately the rush processing is a joke so I wouldn't waste the money, it's only $2.99 but why waste it. Don't get me wrong here, I love Newegg and have always had great experiences with them but I've been on the receiving end of that next day shipping and the 48 hour processing. Usually I just get the standard shipping and they process my order and ship the same day, but as soon as I select next day.......Bam!!!! 48 hour processing. :mad:

man, that sucks I'll still call though. Maybe I'll still get the great newegg customer support and get something out of it, at least get it out of my system

Alright so I got an update.
12/03/2008 20:03:00 ORIGIN SCAN MEMPHIS, TN, US
So it looks like newegg dropped the ball and sent the billing information but didn't ship it out until TODAY. I'm going to call tonight and demand that I get some kind of appeasement for this delay. It is rediculus that I pay for overnight shipping and rush processing on Monday and I don't recieve it until THURSDAY.

All the billing info thing means is that newegg processed it through their transportation management system and transmitted the label info to UPS. Most likely they processed the order after their UPS pickup time or it somehow missed the truck. I would guess the latter since it was not scanned into the terminal until almost 29 hours later. Their cutoff time is probably like ours, around 7:30 PM.

Same here. NewEgg's computer systems and/or employees get some kind of demented pleasure out of delaying orders when you select 2nd day or overnight shipping. Whenever I order with the default shipping option, it goes out the same day if I order before noon PST (or whatever their cutoff time is), or the next day if I'm after the cutoff time. I made a total of four orders (two 2nd day, two overnight) where I selected faster shipping methods, and EVERY TIME, the order was delayed as long as it possibly could be under their fine print. After that, I decided to never both wasting money on faster shipping again, as they always delayed it long enough to defeat the purpose of faster shipping. I've never paid "rush processing", everyone should know better than that, and if you don't, you do now :)

If you've ordered fast shipping, and NewEgg has actually shipped it to you same day, without the stupid delay, please post here. Otherwise, with all the reports all over the place of delayed 2nd day and overnight shipments, I want to say somebody at NewEgg needs to be fired for screwing around...

It's funny reading the responses because they were much like what I was going to say - why pay for the expedited shipping? With distribution centers in good locations you wouldn't wait more than a day or two for delivery with standard shipping, which is sometimes free. I order regularly from the egg and live in upstate New York. I sometimes receive items next day, usually within 2 days, from their New Jersey distribution center.

I get most all my orderes within one day from NJ because I'm close when using standard shipping, depending upon order time. I've never used upgraded shipping but I've bought some things on a Newegg Preferred credit account a few times which automatically adds Rush processing and never noticed a delay. However the last order I placed which was very early Friday morning was on the PReferred account and had rush processing but it didn't ship until Monday. Not a huge day really, it pushed it back by 1 day, but I'm wondering if the rush processing is actually worse too? Or did anyone else place orders early on Black Friday and not have htem ship until Monday.

It's funny reading the responses because they were much like what I was going to say - why pay for the expedited shipping? With distribution centers in good locations you wouldn't wait more than a day or two for delivery with standard shipping, which is sometimes free. I order regularly from the egg and live in upstate New York. I sometimes receive items next day, usually within 2 days, from their New Jersey distribution center.

Because I live in Texas. Standard shipping always takes at least 4 days, whether they ship from NJ or CA. Standard shipping ALWAYS GETS SHIPPED ON THE DAY OF MY ORDER IF I ORDER BEFORE 12 PST CUTOFF TIME. Due to the previous, if I order 2nd day or overnight shipping because I want my stuff faster, I had expected them to show the same service, and SHIP SAME DAY IF I ORDER BEFORE CUTOFF TIME, especially since all the orders I upgraded shipping on were NOT placed during busy holiday seasons. You live in New York? Lucky you. Not everybody lives in New York, next door to NewEgg.

Due to the previous, if I order 2nd day or overnight shipping because I want my stuff faster, I had expected them to show the same service, and SHIP SAME DAY IF I ORDER BEFORE CUTOFF TIME, especially since all the orders I upgraded shipping on were NOT placed during busy holiday seasons.

You are not the first person to complain/suggest that there's a bug in their system. It's because of prior posts/issues that I rarely, if ever, 'rush' or pay for expedited shipping (anywhere, not just from Newegg). If I needed something yesterday I would probably call and get a guarantee on stock/delivery from the customer service rep before paying for the extra shipping.

You live in New York? Lucky you. Not everybody lives in New York, next door to NewEgg.

It may be the only thing going for the entire State. lol

The NJ center was opened a few years back. Prior to that I had to wait like everyone else. The other issue is that occassionally something I order isn't stocked in Jersey and comes from CA. That seems to be happening less and less, so they must be gradually increasing stock in the NJ center.

It's 50/50. Either newegg or UPS because UPS has been known for their own delays in tracking updates.

I once paid for overnight and it really wasn't, so I never do overnight or 2-day, shipping, just the standard 7-day ground shipping.

Does Newegg still have the Nashville center?

It's 50/50. Either newegg or UPS because UPS has been known for their own delays in tracking updates.

I once paid for overnight and it really wasn't, so I never do overnight or 2-day, shipping, just the standard 7-day ground shipping.

It's like shipping insurance. I once asked the post office - "why are you charging me to insure a package that you are delivering for a fee, when it's your JOB to get it there?" That's one thing I respect about Fedex/UPS, there's minimal insurance in the initial price (I think up to $150), then after that they charge extra. That's fine since most things I ship are worth less than $150.

I've ordered 2nd day and overnight from both UPS and FedEx with Amazon.com, Buy.com, Jab-tech, FXvideocards, FrozenCPU, SVC, and other places, and it always gets shipped as ordered (again, taking cutoff times into account). NewEgg is the ONLY place I've had this problem.

Dapman02, you get your netbook yet? I assume you've ordered from NewEgg before and used their standard shipping and had things shipped the day you order it, so complaining to a Livechat or phone rep and making the point that it took them longer to ship overnight than regular would probably get you your shipping cost back.

Because I live in Texas. Standard shipping always takes at least 4 days, whether they ship from NJ or CA. Standard shipping ALWAYS GETS SHIPPED ON THE DAY OF MY ORDER IF I ORDER BEFORE 12 PST CUTOFF TIME. Due to the previous, if I order 2nd day or overnight shipping because I want my stuff faster, I had expected them to show the same service, and SHIP SAME DAY IF I ORDER BEFORE CUTOFF TIME, especially since all the orders I upgraded shipping on were NOT placed during busy holiday seasons. You live in New York? Lucky you. Not everybody lives in New York, next door to NewEgg.

Yup if I order on Thursday through Monday Morning, I can expect it Thursday... Im In the Dallas TX area...

Same here. NewEgg's computer systems and/or employees get some kind of demented pleasure out of delaying orders when you select 2nd day or overnight shipping. Whenever I order with the default shipping option, it goes out the same day if I order before noon PST (or whatever their cutoff time is), or the next day if I'm after the cutoff time. I made a total of four orders (two 2nd day, two overnight) where I selected faster shipping methods, and EVERY TIME, the order was delayed as long as it possibly could be under their fine print. After that, I decided to never both wasting money on faster shipping again, as they always delayed it long enough to defeat the purpose of faster shipping. I've never paid "rush processing", everyone should know better than that, and if you don't, you do now :)

Yea, I learned my lesson on that, I am going to call them tomorrow now that I'm calmed down a little (never get angry at customer never helps).

If you've ordered fast shipping, and NewEgg has actually shipped it to you same day, without the stupid delay, please post here. Otherwise, with all the reports all over the place of delayed 2nd day and overnight shipments, I want to say somebody at NewEgg needs to be fired for screwing around...

I agree completely

I've ordered 2nd day and overnight from both UPS and FedEx with Amazon.com, Buy.com, Jab-tech, FXvideocards, FrozenCPU, SVC, and other places, and it always gets shipped as ordered (again, taking cutoff times into account). NewEgg is the ONLY place I've had this problem.

Dapman02, you get your netbook yet? I assume you've ordered from NewEgg before and used their standard shipping and had things shipped the day you order it, so complaining to a Livechat or phone rep and making the point that it took them longer to ship overnight than regular would probably get you your shipping cost back.

I did get it today, I ordered overnight because I brought back an aspire one and the taxes that were on that, payed for the overnight shipping. I'm also impatient

UPS tracking updates are...interesting. (read: slow as s***)

Last Tuesday: order thing from TigerDirect (Illinois) at 9AM PDT. UPS Ground ($2 to ship 15 pounds from IL to CA does not even cover the fuel required...)

Uploaded and shipped by 3PM Central Time.

Departure Scan (IL): 8:41 PM Tuesday

...no updates until 0100 this morning. "Newbury Park, CA: At destination station."

0450: "On truck for delivery."

I long for the days when NewEgg shipped for free through Federal Express :(

Back