• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power requirements table.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That table of the power required by various components seems accurate. But calculating the exact values needed remains difficult, at least for this non-EE.

I used that chart and figured out I prob use about 230w but thats without adding in the power my 9 fans use...
I have 6-80mm fans and 3 smaller fans, about how many more watts would that be?

but thats without adding in the power my 9 fans use...

Fans are all rated on the top. (12v, 0.3A or some such) so they're easy to work out: Power(W) = Voltage x Current.
The few I have looked at come to around 4W... I think.

Cbone said:

Stumbled upon a breakdown of power usage by component. Don't know how accurate it is, but I'm sure some eagle-eyed veterans will rip it to shreds posthaste if it is less than perfect. ;)

Cbone

As you can tell by the numbers, 10-40 w in some cases, It´s not that accurate. But it is accurate enough to be a good help when choosing the right PS.

regards,
Henry.

heh, I added mine all up and it came to about 400watts, but I did use all the high end numbers....
I have a 350watt antec psu

Back