• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fed Ex.. *sigh*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrandonB

So..

I can understand zipzoomfly taking 4 business days to ship my order being the holidays and all. I can understand the fedEx free shipping taking 6 days. I have trouble understanding why my lazy driver decided the address was wrong and started the process of shipping it back to Cali.

I called the local hub and caught it before it was loaded on a truck. It'll be waiting there when I drive 2 hours to get there tomorrow. I'm sure I could get her to put it back on a truck heading my way, but if it didn't make it today.. why would it make it tomorrow.

The nice lady even recited my address back letter for letter. It was perfect (as it should be in this day and age of computers printing everything from a database instead of someone typing it in). So basicly the driver decided that he didn't want to drive to my neighborhood and screwed me royally.

So this is a bit of a mixed review... The lady at the hub was very helpfull and assuming its there waiting on me tomorrow.. saved the day.

The lazy good for nothing driver on the other hand.. Next time I pass him in the gas station.. I'm going to take his little scanner from him and beat him with it.

i refuse to use fedex after an incident i had ... ordered something on a monday with 4 day shipping. thrusday comes, nothing ... then friday nothing ... i said ok w.e.e maybe it jsut took a while to ship. tuesday comes around " trash day" so i go to the side of my house to get all the trashcans. noticed one is closed that shouldn't be cause it was empty. open the lid ... BAM my package is in there. lazy driver came up when no one was home and decided that IN THE TRASHCAN would be the best place to leave my package.

The lazy good for nothing driver on the other hand.. Next time I pass him in the gas station.. I'm going to take his little scanner from him and beat him with it.

that made my morning lol!

thats terrible, there isnt anyway for you to make sure this doesnt happen again? i understand youll likely never use fed ex again but if anything it may help the next unlucky sob that deals with this um...driver.

i refuse to use fedex after an incident i had ... ordered something on a monday with 4 day shipping. thrusday comes, nothing ... then friday nothing ... i said ok w.e.e maybe it jsut took a while to ship. tuesday comes around " trash day" so i go to the side of my house to get all the trashcans. noticed one is closed that shouldn't be cause it was empty. open the lid ... BAM my package is in there. lazy driver came up when no one was home and decided that IN THE TRASHCAN would be the best place to leave my package.

Wow, that's just beyond comprehension. How a trashcan could be considered a good place for a package... :screwy:

The driver that covers my area is pretty good as is UPS driver.The USPS is ok also since i llive one block from the Post office and i get my stuff frist thing in the morniing.The only carrier i have had trouble with is DHL.Hey anyone know what newegg using now for thier supersaver free delivery now?

that would be funny

Last edited:
If you look around enough, there are plenty of horror stories about all of them. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.

I have never been burned by any service... Yet.

Me neither *knocks on MDF*

If you look around enough, there are plenty of horror stories about all of them. Just the nature of the beast, I guess.

That's true really. With all the packages that all the major carriers handle, and all the different people in their emply, there will always be something bad that happens. This time of year is even worse, they hire many temporary workers and/or driver assistants and they are under more pressure than normal to compelte their deliveries.

We always get a e-mail from fedex when ever the driver says the address is wrong. I call the customer to make sure the address is right then Fedex. I can say that sometime the driver has a hard time finding the place. BrandonB it was a sub or a temp driver. I can lay money on that. Give fedex a little grace. They are far better then UPS and most of the time get it there a day or 2 faster.

Back