• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I NEED good cooling, PC air con is there such a thing? PC RUNZ HOT!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RSDXzec

Disabled
My PC runs hot, and by hot i mean HOT!!!
After about a few hours of playing crysis warhead at enthusiast settings
(this is as hot as i can get it) my GPU was about 72C, CPU 68C, and the system said it was at 96C.
So i put a ****load of fans in it and now i end up getting (max)
GPU - 68C, CPU - 64C, System - 83-85C

Is there such thing as a PC air conditioner.
I have about 40C ambient in my room, real hot.

I really need help, my PC runs way too hot
I live in the tropics and its summer here so yeah.

PLEEZE HELP

Try a new heatsink for your CPU and video card. Look for something like a TRUE for your CPU or maybe try undervolting it in the BIOS.

Well i have a Xigmatek SD964 on my CPU
Stock cooling on my gfx cards but thats not whats really worrying my, my problem is the system temp, which went up to 96C once. I think thats the heatsink that goes on the mobo (i got 780i mobo). I just want to have everything under 75C, and im fine, 70C woul be great!!!

Whats your fan configuration in the case? Ideally you want negative pressure (more fans blowing air out than blowing it in)
Just so you know, while those temps aren't great they should be OK for parts running stock speed.

You need cooling in your Room if your Ambient Temp is that High then, Hell,,, you are going to have a hot PC also, and thats the bottom line.

i have 6 PC,s all Folding and if I dont cool Room Temps down when its Over 35C - @40C Then its a simple Shutdown till it cools down, as you Know our Summers are hot, Dry heat here,but you have Sub Tropical Humid heat

Is the XFX 780i mobo a nuturally hot mobo, i read its one of the hottest running mobo's, and not to be alarmed if temps are a bit high

Is the XFX 780i mobo a nuturally hot mobo, i read its one of the hottest running mobo's, and not to be alarmed if temps are a bit high
Yes, mine ran extremely warm. I don't remember the exact numbers since it has been so long and I didn't have it for any extended period, but I remember burning myself on the "cooling system" for the motherboard.

I really need to know what safe temps I can get up to on my mobo, the highest ive caught it at is 104C. After playing Crysis Warhead on enthusiast for a few hours. Usually it stays at about 80-90C when gaming

Once you are hitting the 100c range on your CPU you are at the very limit, try and keep it below this as much as possible. System temps can be very forgiving and very widely so I cannot give you a direct answer there. I would try and not push the gpu into the 90's range.
These are limits that I don't push personally. If they do go over this mark, something is wrong and its time for me to be shutting down and let it cool off. By what you are saying is the average for gaming I would say its ok, not preferable, but ok.

Cool the ambient somehow and you will cool the pc. That is the best advice I can give you. I don't know how much you tweaked your oc, but try the absolute minimum voltage that is will work at. If all else fails try backing off the oc. I don't know what temps it will bring, but its worth a try. Also, try good cable management or even removing some things from the case, it sounds cramped (SLI doesn't help your cause either unfortunatly)

Oh, and watercooling wouldn't be the end all solution here either. The best possible for water cooling is ambient temps, but that is usually (if even possible) not the case. I usually have a 10-20c difference in temps (I don't know if this is good or bad, but it might help to ballpark). With proper air cooling, good thermal contact, and lapped h/s you can nearly match water nowadays.

ok, just to make things clear,
My 8800GT SLI usually run at 60's when gaming
My CPU also runs at 60's when gaming
The main problem is my system temps which are around low 90's high 80's when gaming
This is running all at stock
I have about 35-40C ambient in my room.

When i OC everything, the main thing i noticed was i hit 104C system temp when gaming.

I really want to know a cheap effective way to cool down my system temp, and/or the limits of the system temp

i would have to say that either the temp sensor is off or its actually your n/b or whatever it is called. do u have any active cooling on that? try putting a fan on that and see if it lowers temps. i cant imagine that ur both ur vid card temps and your cpu temps are under ambient temperatures in your case which is what would be implied if that was a true sys temp.

Just another pic to scare you guys, it sure scared me, this is after an hour of playing crysis

Should i try to remove the mobo heatsink and put on arctic cooling thermal compound?, whats the best brand?

Attachments

• HOLY ****!!!.JPG
    HOLY ****!!!.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Its okay now, i fixed it, my load temps dont go past 73C,
The thermal paste on the sb/nb heatsink was screwed, i put in a new one and that solved my problem.

Back