• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fedex Ground Blows!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
I ordered a rad from Jab-tech on Wednesday and used Fedex Ground for the shipping, which was the cheapest option and also can be tracked. And since Jab-tech is in Oklahoma, I get deliveries this way in 2 days. But this time the idiot monkeys they have working in our area have delivered my rad to God knows where. I checked and they had been showing delivery for Saturday and I was home all day and night. No package delivered and I was up until around 11:30 PM. So this morning I check my email and there is a delivery notification from Fedex and I open it up and it says that they left the package by my side door at 10:54 PM. I don't have a damn side door, just one in my garage. I looked around both the front door and my door in the garage and no package.:bang head So I call them up and started the ball rolling on hunting the package down, but since this is Fedex Ground they don't work on Sunday or Monday so they won't even question the delivery monkey until Tuesday.:rolleyes:

Man, I get better service from UPS and DHL than these bunch of yahoos. And saying that DHL is better is pretty bad too. And it's not like they haven't delivered to my house before either.:bang head

I just made a trouble ticket with Jab-tech about this to let them know that Fedex Ground blows. And let him know that any order from him in the future that ships with them that I will require a signature confirmation, or I will have to use another shipping option.

There was a time when FedEx was the only way to send anything reliably....I'm noticing that UPS, of late, has been totally dominating the delivery business.

I ordered a rad from Jab-tech on Wednesday and used Fedex Ground for the shipping

Man, I get better service from UPS and DHL than these bunch of yahoos. And saying that DHL is better is pretty bad too. And it's not like they haven't delivered to my house before either.:bang head

I bet if you lived closer to Jab-Tech, say 100 miles away, he would hop in his vehicle and drive it to you if he heard you have a problem, if he encounters a FedEx truck along the way, he'd probably run `em off the road, as he doesn't like people messing with his customers!

In all seriousness... For me, FedEx ground or FedEx Home is better than UPS ground, sometimes it all boils down to the driver on your route, some suck some don't. FedEx Home delivers on Sat and for me at least, they usually always deliver between 9am to 4pm, now UPS on the other hand always delivers between 5 and as late at 10pm.

Just yesterday I was waiting on a UPS delivery. It was fairly important, so for most of the day I sat in my home office which is 10' from the front door. Noon comes and goes, noon to 5 comes and goes, every couple hours I would run the UPS tracking number. At 7:30pm I ran the tracking number again....

Wouldn't you know it, at 6:35pm the UPS guy puts the package at my front door, didn't knock nor ring the bell, and in the UPS delivered comments online, it said the customer signed for it. Must have been in a rush, but at least I got it. :-/

PS, Next time when you order at Jab-Tech, just use USPS priority, normally that's the cheapest Jab-Tech shipping option, from Oklahoma where Jab-Tech is located to Florida, I usually get the item in 2 days. :)

MY UPS DRIVER
th-bb_truck_at_allstar.jpg

Attachments

• UPS SUX.jpg
    UPS SUX.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 577
We use fedex at work. Its far better then UPS. most stuff gets there 1-2 sometimes even 3 days faster.
Call up Jab and they will call fedex and put a claim on it. It can take up to 12 days.

Before you get in a puff make sure the address was right on the package and also that you put in the right info when you ordered it.

Check with your neighbors. make sure and check with your neighbors.

You said that you got fedex ground. Was it ground or home Delivery?
Ground is for business and home delivery is for home. They are delivered by different people.
As a note if you use "ground" you have to sine for it. Home you do not. also if you want signature confirmation and can run up around 3-5 bucks more.

The Fedex driver for my neighborhood should be hung by his tool bag!!! He never delivers in our area on time or even shows up for that matter! We live in the woods a bit and my house is a little hard to find so he just says no one was home to sign for the package. The last time I complained about him I was told they had several complaints from our end of town. I haven't used Fedex since but my daughter ordered her BlackBerry Storm and they had to ship it via Fedex and it's due to be delivered tomorrow, we'll see if it shows up on time........:rolleyes:

I've had good, bad and ugly from UPS and fedex. It all comes down to the drivers. I tend to pick whatever is cheaper because both have their days.

I once had a package sent from a cousin at Fort. Bragg to me here in Orlando Florida via fedex. Well it only took 3 days to get to Orlando, but somehow it got back onto the truck and went from Orlando to Fort. Lauderdale, back to Orlando, then back to Fort. Lauderdale and finally Orlando where it grew legs and walked off the truck itself. It took 8 days to get my package.

With UPS, I had a driver who I watched come into my neighborhood, and once leave a package at my neighbor's. Four hours later he comes back and delivers my package.

With USPS, the only issue I've ever had was when my wife made a mistake with the zipcode. She ordered something at work, for work, but accidentally put our home zip code. For two weeks it went in circles between two post offices. It would get sent to the post office for out home, who then turned around and sent it to the one for her work who saw the zip code and sent it back to our home post office. We could never get to the post office in time to get them to hold the package. They would get it in the morning and by noon they would have it already being shipped back out. Took the head postmaster for the Orlando Area to get the package to just stop moving. When we finally picked up the package, there was a nice little note in marker saying, "Please use the correct zipcode". :p

Well, I had a good ending to this today, no thanks to Fedex (and it was Fedex Home, like you said, hank). A neighbor came over and dropped off not only my radiator from jab-tech, but also 3 DirecTV receivers that they (DirecTV) shipped me to replace my old receivers that were going bad too!:mad: That numbskull had dropped all 4 packages off at the wrong house, who by the grace of God was an honest person that brought my packages to me. So I guess I will call Fedex in the morning and tell them that my packages have finally made it to my house, regardless of their delievery person.

BTW, regular Fedex gives me no problems at all, or UPS either. Both regular Fedex and UPS have delivery people working my route that have been delivering in my area for 15 years or more. But Fedex Home is a totally different animal than regular Fedex and even comes from a different location in Lafayette, LA.

I did get my loop up and running this afternoon too, so all is good on that end. :D

look at what time of year it is too. I know the dude that does our pick up's at work has 2 people working for him right now.

Call up fedex and let them know. When someone does a fedex home or ground route they have to buy the route. If they get enough complaints they can lose the route.
Make sure they launch a investigation.

Heck just last month we sent a dude a package. It said it was delivered but the guy never got it. We sent a replacement with direct sig on it. F-ing POS driver put the cust sig on it and delivered it to the neighbors house. Get a call from the cust next day saying that his neighbor brought it over. He also told me that no one ever came by to drop off the package.
Not much we can do but i did spend a lot of time on the phone then talked to one of the heads for fedex in colorado. Im sure the driver was taken care of in some way.

I'm actually a big fan of Priority Mail from USPS. Better rates, near identical delivery times and it's been extremely reliable for me. I worked at UPS in college and have been leery of them since.

Heh, well there goes the fedex truck. It slammed on it's breaks and left skid marks because it missed my neighbors house. I'll be mad if it is my package they got. Haha.

Back