• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg nightmare...any suggestions?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mommyntheoc

On black Friday, I purchased the Garmin GPS 250 from Newegg for $99...I was so excited to actually be able to buy on in stock! Although I live only 30 miles away from Newegg's City of Industry location, the unit didn't arrive until the 8th (yes, 10 days). When I powered up the unit, there were screen defects - pixel issues - so I emailed Newegg. It took them 3 days to respond to my email (I tried calling but their phone line, toll free and local, both ring busy signal non-stop and the chat forum wasn't working). Anyways, they respond with an RMA return number and shipping label. Knowing this is a hot item this season, I emailed them again to insure they could send a replacement before Christmas because this was to be a surprise gift :santa2: They said they would send a replacement and so I shipped the GPS back to them - it arrived back to them 2 days later and posted. A week later, a refund invoice appears in my email. I emailed them 3x because still the phones don't work there nor the chat...one week later, I am finally able to access the chat forum for their customer service. After nearly 2 hours on chat, they offer me a $35 credit for immediate purchase of their next higher unit, the Nuvi 255 (which is listed at the same price as the 250, which is out of stock - but they will not match the prices to the black friday special I paid). So I'm upset because of a few things.

1. The GPS was listed as a non-refundable sale...so they should not have refunded under any circumstance. They should substitute another GPS of similar value/functions if they are backordered.

2. They told me they were sending a replacement or I could've contacted Garmin and had a new unit replacement sent via warranty.

3. They will not contact Garmin for a shipment date of a new unit, and they said they already sent my unit to Garmin so they cannot send it back to me either.

4. Their policies on the newegg website state they will give the customer a substitution or refund on back ordered items, however they will contact the customer via email to allow them to choose. I was NEVER contacted.

The 255 I have requested they sub my unit with is the same unit except for 2 very minor things - the battery can last up to 1 hour longer - woohoo, who cares - and it says street names (of no use to me since I mute my GPS). I don't understand why newegg would violate their own policies, waste my time, and ruin our Christmas - refusing to right their wrongs. I am tempted to show up at their door to explain all of the above issues that happened on their behalf and the consequences of them. Any ideas how to get newegg to right their errors in this situation?

the inevitable has happened and they are now too large a company. Their GREAT customer service is an epic fail now.
Prices are beat 89% of the time by even bestbuy at times, at least at some items I was browsing.
While I will still shop there, I prefer to go elsewhere if I can.

the inevitable has happened and they are now too large a company. Their GREAT customer service is an epic fail now.
Prices are beat 89% of the time by even bestbuy at times, at least at some items I was browsing.
While I will still shop there, I prefer to go elsewhere if I can.

Lincoln, eh? not too far from me, I'm in Omaha.

And in Omaha, nothing is cheaper at best buy. Only time I managed to find a better price at bestbuy was the 8800GT's were 120$ there, while 9800GT's were 130 at newegg (same card, rebadged).

And yes, I remember the days when I could ask for anything. It's not the same company I look fondly upon in my memory.

Yeah, I remember when Newegg was the bomb. It seems like lately their policies and customer service have just gotten worse and worse.

I used to get a response to my emails within a few hours and now you just get the automated response and never get a reply from the company. They have really gone down hill lately and that's a shame. I used to love Newegg and have ordered thousands of $$$ over the years and have always recommended them to others, that has since stopped! wolfy1220 is right, the prices are not great anymore they are definitely in line with just about every other retail and estore so just buy it somewhere that has better customer service (Which is anywhere now).

I still love the egg and realize no matter how big they are, mistakes can happen. We are all human and vulnerable to mistakes. Thing is, anytime a mistake is made the egg always is willing to make it right, for that reason I will continue to buy from them.

I had one screw-up with them over the years and it was resolved in a week.

And last, anytime you make a purchase you have to check that little box that says "terms of agreement" or something like that. So if you as a customer check that box and don't fully read it, you are just as responsible.

Yes it may suck, but it's part of business. I'm sure the egg gets daily attempts at being scammed from shady customers. And for the record I am in no way saying the OP is shady, I sympathize with the situation. I'm just saying mistakes happen, and things may not always go the way we want, but the egg is always willing to make it right.

I placed an order on Dec 14th, and UPS delivered[finally] on the 29th. However, only 3 of the 7 items were in the box. With only one tracking #, UPS is off the hook, strictly a Newegg screw-up. I called them, talked to CS, they said they'd 'investigate' an prepare replacements for missing items. I am not happy with the situation, but will be patient...for a while. If this does not turn out favorably[for me], my next move will be to do a charge-back with my credit card company.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

Sincerely,

Newegg.com

I dunno. I still like New Egg. When my PC died, I thought it was my MB. SO i bought an MB, that didn't work. RMA'd it, got my money back. Bought another MB, still didn't work. Rma'd it, got my refund. Lo and behold my PSU was bad.

In both scenarios New Egg gave me free UPS labels to return the products.

I don't really price match between New Egg and many other places that much. But for building PC's I'll stick with the Egg.

I do like the egg still, but I HATE DHL. I ordered ram last week and it went by ground 485 miles in the opposite direction before it was flown to a city 4 hours away today. It's 565 miles from the origin to my house, yet the package will travel over 1,300 miles just to get here, and of course the extra time and wasted fuel is ridiculous.

Now my order is not being tracked because it was handed over from DHL to USPS.
Track Order
Tracking number 4xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We do not yet have any record of the tracking number you've entered. Please try again later.

You can click here to get the tracking information.
And to top it off, the link goes to fedex LOL, which of course is not tracking my shipment because it's not in their system to begin with.

Pretty ghey.

If I can find comparable prices on certain items when I need them, I'll grab from someplace that uses fedex, or even UPS, over this crap. 5-10 bucks more? No sweat. At least I know I'll get it within a decent time frame and the miles it has to travel won't more than double.

Back