• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new egg went downthe toilet epic fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

NE just lost my business after 8+ years and thousands of dollars and hundreds of recommendations over a $70 stick of ram and the USPS.

I ordered with 7 day shipping, not checking what carrier it was, because its old ddr ram and i didn't need it fast, I needed it cheap.

Well 10 days later I got on chat with NE, they said the post left me a ticket today, but there was no ticket for a package. So why they shipped the ram in a box so big it wont fit in my super large mailbox is an environmental issue and an intelligence one but what ever... just say they are retarded because that what they are.

Basically what they said is its not neweggs problem, and I need to call the post office. When I called the post I got no where. NE wont even give me a refund so I get no ram and I have to drive to the post office and hope they have a clue which they wont.

imo change the shipping option to "12 day drive to the post office and see if anyone there has a clue", instead of "7 day saver"

Sounds like the shippers issue to me. Newegg did their part and got it shipped. Now I think newegg should he try to track and also if theres insurance on it do that.

oh thats the other thing that ****ed me off, they said something that came off as, well you were dumb enough/cheap enough to use our cheapest shipping option so its your fault, becuase you could have shipped ups.
like they knew it was a crap shipping... and they still provide it

My GF bought some ram from newegg last week by the cheap shipping.
She said it was DHL shipping, and it was marked DHL, but the last leg of the
journey was by USPS. It arrived safely and in a reasonable amount of time,
packed in a large padded envelope. A similar thing happened when using
cheap shipping at Kohls. The package was shipped by FedEx initially, but
delivered by the USPS.

There seems to be a trend of cheap shipping meaning that the last leg is
handled by the post office. That's just the way it is. Next time, don't be
such a cheap ba$tard :santa: Just kidding, don't hurt me. :beer:

Agreeing with Hank.. Newegg did thier part. They used the shipping method you chose. Newegg doesnt ship things in small paper packages. They are a big distributer, and ship in boxes. If you have problems, you should take that up with USPS, which, just as you said, they wont have a clue, wont care, and you will have completely wasted your time. If you want mail, USPS is fine. If you want a package, not so much. USPS is your problem, not Newegg.

Nothing takes 10 days by USPS on any shipping option unless it is leaving the country (even then the most I have seen it take is 10 days).

However, I was not aware that newegg offered a USPS option :S So this sounds like a UPS/USPS cluster...

And yes newegg REALLY needs to work on their packaging. The will send the stick of ram in a package 18"x 12"x 8"

(funny story.. I ordered my HD3850 gecube OC edition from newegg. The HUGE *** box arrived.. and I thought... typical newegg overpackaging it. Opened the box.. and the video card packaging was tucked in there with some defalted air cushions and pretty much filled the box. (inflated air packets would not have fit apparently :p)

It's the smartmail, it's like a combination of different shippers, it does take a long time..

just to beat the dead horse, its been 10 days, with no pick up slip, when its supposed to be 7 days and they dont make it obvious that its comming dhl and usps when you order it.

Its even unclear if i will be able to claim it at the post office with out a pick up slip, which they say they left, but didnt.

I not happy

and lol my mail box is like freaking gynormous... it must be a 12 by 12 by 24 box they sent the ram in if it didnt fit -.-

So my point is, new egg cant just say "zomg u dumbass used a shipping option we gave you, hahahahha yr screwed!!@1@!!!!!!12!!!111337"
if the shipper is in partnership with newegg then newegg is responsible for the shippers negligence, they can just give you a non-working shipping option, such as carrier piegon... and then be like well we gave it to the pigeon so its not our problem. Part of customer service in this century is making sure the customer gets orders, I used an order option on the newegg website on a newegg order, newegg is responsible in the end, newegg has my money. Think about it...

Last edited:
It is his particular USPS branch and mailman. The type of package from DHL/USPS is standard smart mail, which is like first class mail. Deal with it. You get what you pay for.

It is his particular USPS branch and mailman. The type of package from DHL/USPS is standard smart mail, which is like first class mail. Deal with it. You get what you pay for.

Actually... he's gotten nothing. and he paid for something.

I can understand because the same thing happened to me.

So maybe you're the one who doesn't get it... :shrug:

Actually... he's gotten nothing. and he paid for something.

I can understand because the same thing happened to me.

So maybe you're the one who doesn't get it... :shrug:

No actually he did get it. He either has to go pick it up or ask them to redeliver.

The problem here is the carrier, not newegg.

Just to add. I chose the Eggsaver shipping. My memory arrived in a padded envelope and on time. But, my situation in no way reflects yours. Certain USPS locations are terrible. Did you contact the post office?

If you can't make the trip to the post office, corner the mail-man and ask him nicely (offer him a bottle of water or something). ;)

It's too bad that Newegg seems unwilling to do much about it, that does surprise me because they're usually very good about things like this in my experience although I've never had quite this situation. I've had a few things come by Eggsaver and while it's slow they arrive fine but the USPS in my area is very good generally.

Tbh, aside from Newegg seeming to wash their hands of it which is surprising, this just seems like the usual carrier sucks story which we've all heard for every carrier.

It's too bad that Newegg seems unwilling to do much about it, that does surprise me because they're usually very good about things like this in my experience although I've never had quite this situation. I've had a few things come by Eggsaver and while it's slow they arrive fine but the USPS in my area is very good generally.
Wow, we are so totally flogging a dead horse with shipping options here.

Guys, if you choose a shipping option that sucks (and DHL/USPS, from all accounts posted, does suck indeed, although I myself have NEVER had a problem with DHL or USPS) just because it was cheap, you should not be surprised.

With respect to shipping: paid nothing for it, got same. Guess what, web folks, in the real world it costs money to move stuff from A to E (with stopovers at B, C, and D, because it's more efficient to go to Memphis first). Back when NewEgg started using UPS their package handling was so crappy that I was still paying for Federal Express - these days, though, they've gotten much, much better.

I'm surprised anywhere offers free shipping AT ALL considering what fuel was like this year. And DON'T say "Well omg it's down to $1.35 at my local quickie mart lol so wtf", because shipping and transit businesses have not yet felt the full pain of $200+/barrel jet fuel (for instance).

I'm bummed about my stuff I ordered from NewEgg shipping from their TN facility rather than SoCal (3 days versus 1 day transit), but there's nothing I can do about it, and I used free (UPS Ground) shipping, so I get to wait. Whatever, not like I don't have anything else to do ;) If I had needed it the next day, I would've paid $100 for next day air. But I don't.

tl;dr: Paid nothing for shipping, got same.

wether an option sucks or not, if you paid for X product it should still get delivered to your door and if there are problems the providers of X product should be willing to help.

if newegg initially sent the items via DHL, should they not havea tracking number to even confirm if DHL delivered the item TO the USPS?

i used to use free shipping all the time with zipzoomfly, never once did something not arrive, i have used directron.com free shipping as well, with no issues again, so just because newegg decided to offer "free shipping" should not mean "free shippnig and you may never get your package" cause that is BS.

for some unknown reason the mailman left me my ram today in an envelope.

I will never know why newegg told me I had been given a pick up notice yesterday, but I do know that neweggs customer service is horrible compared to what they used to be.The package was still outside the 7 day window even if you only count business days.

I hope eveyone else ends up as lucky as I was to actualy get what I ordered, what ever newegg is saving with this shipping option, it can't be worth it, its costing them huge damages in the word of mouth arena.

NE just lost my business after 8+ years and thousands of dollars and hundreds of recommendations over a $70 stick of ram and the USPS.

I ordered with 7 day shipping, not checking what carrier it was, because its old ddr ram and i didn't need it fast, I needed it cheap.

Well 10 days later I got on chat with NE, they said the post left me a ticket today, but there was no ticket for a package. So why they shipped the ram in a box so big it wont fit in my super large mailbox is an environmental issue and an intelligence one but what ever... just say they are retarded because that what they are.

Basically what they said is its not neweggs problem, and I need to call the post office. When I called the post I got no where. NE wont even give me a refund so I get no ram and I have to drive to the post office and hope they have a clue which they wont.

imo change the shipping option to "12 day drive to the post office and see if anyone there has a clue", instead of "7 day saver"

Dear reboot,

Thanks for taking the time to post your informative review. We greatly apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced due to your situation shipping delay. At your earliest convenience, please contact Alex at 800-390-1119 ( dial 25040 immediately ) or by email at [email protected] for further assistance.

Back