• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gamecrazy Employee About to Get Fired

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Explaining this would just make me angry all over again... so I'll just post my email to corporate:

I'll be following this up with a phone call to corporate.

This started out as a routine purchase of TimeSplitters for the PS2. "Jason" (GameCrazy employee) was rude and condescending. Asked about the buy 1 get 1 free 18.99 and under sale...was told it was only for new games (this is not explicitly stated in the current sales flyer.) Next the flyer that was on display at that time clearly showed TNA Impact for both Xbox 360 and PS3. At first was told that only the 360 version was on sale. After pointing out that the ad explicitly mentioned the PS3 version as well was given another excuse and told that it was ringing up for $39.99. When asked if the 360 version was also ringing up for $39.99... was told "Yes."

Was then told he couldn't manually input the correct price because he feared losing his job. Jason then made a series of phone calls that totaled about 20 minutes... at the end of which I was told I could not have the product at the price advertised.

I then purchased Timesplitters for the PS2... only to get it home and discover it didn't work.

Looked for the receipt and found that Jason had added a $1 "MP-Gameguard-14.99 OR LESS" charge without my permission.

This was THE WORST service I have ever received at any retailer in over 30 years.

I'll be following this email with a phone call to corporate and another to the District Manager. I'm thoroughly, thoroughly disappointed (and currently out $7.77 and fifty times that value in time wasted.)

The part in BOLD really... REALLY says a lot. But I've had a lot of problems with retail... a lot of problems with e-tail... but NEVER has anyone:

1. Sold me a product that didn't work while...
2. ...simultaneously being rude and arrogant about it
3. AND charged me for something else I didn't even ask for
4. Wasted 20 entire minutes in the process

I'm taking this guy through THE MILL. I don't give a damned if it's only over 8 bucks. I'm googling for Hollywood Video corporate email addresses as I type.

I'll be the first person on their switchboard in three hours... and I intend to be talking it over until I have to go to work at ten. (Anybody who says I won't well... :welcome: to the forums! My name is Rainless! If you need help overclocking a Gigabyte board, or righteous vengeance against evil... I'm your man!)

Last edited:
I've never been in a GameCrazy. Was Timesplitters 2 used? I thought Gamestop anyway would let you return a used game that didnt work?

Drama... LOL

Im terribly sorry this happened, it sucks without a doubt...But, did you really need to go all out on this guy? You couldnt handle it at the store level you jumped his manager and went to corporate? Did you ever think he was having a bad day? (not that its a good excuse, but still). Remind me not to ever hire you and cross you as you wont talk to me or my boss, you will go to my CEO bypassing the chain of command. So you are going to call corporate and waste MORE of your time over this? WOW, let it go man (with corporate), get your money back, talk to the STORE manager, and let it die.

THough employees and situations like that irritate the heck out of me too, vengence on a $8 /hour employee isnt the answer for your hurt ego...

Stick it to him. Sales reps that are arrogant like that deserve to be canned. They need to HELP you, not deter you...

Drama... LOL

Im terribly sorry this happened, it sucks without a doubt...But, did you really need to go all out on this guy? You couldnt handle it at the store level you jumped his manager and went to corporate? Did you ever think he was having a bad day?

Having a bad day? IT WAS TEN IN THE MORNING! They just opened up! There's no bad day when you first open up. As for having to go straight to corporate... I take it you've never been to a Gamecrazy before?

It's about a ten story drop DOWN in customer service from even Gamestop. And THIS store in particular was shady. But the game LOOKED good (they must have did that "buff/shine" thing they do) and came with the box and instructions so I figured "why not?" I should've just left it based on the customer service alone.

So YES. Although, just to humor you, I'll go talk to the manager right now. I kind of have a feeling I know what he'll say... (Shady... shady... SHADY store.)

Sniff Sniff...

is that drama I smell? Yes, i do believe it is :)

Oh you haven't seen any drama YET. Stay tuned.

Just left a message with the Vice President at Game Crazy. Don't expect to hear back from anybody until after the holidays. (Possibly after New Year's.)

A bad day can begin after you wake up. ;)

But yeah, sounds like you are a glutton for punishment. Nothing like knowing its a shady store with poor customer service, you STILL proceed to go in and shop there, receive the service you EXPECT from the place and then attempt to get a guy fired?!?! You are a piece of work man...that cracks me up to no end. Go drive erratically on a road covered in ice and let me know if you dont hit anything. :bang head

Save yourself the trouble, dont shop there anymore.

Im just going to unsubscribe from this thread so I dont get moderated...I have very little sympathy for you in this case. :santa:

See rainless??? This is the kind of stuff that happens to you when you try and leave the forums!!! It is a sign NOT to leave!

and SICK 'EM!!!

A bad day can begin after you wake up. ;)

But yeah, sounds like you are a glutton for punishment. Nothing like knowing its a shady store with poor customer service, you STILL proceed to go in and shop there, receive the service you EXPECT from the place and then attempt to get a guy fired?!?! You are a piece of work man...that cracks me up to no end. Go drive erratically on a road covered in ice and let me know if you dont hit anything. :bang head

Save yourself the trouble, dont shop there anymore.

Im just going to unsubscribe from this thread so I dont get moderated...I have very little sympathy for you in this case. :santa:

Very few people have any sympathy for rainless :)

I actually quite enjoy most of rainless's .. um.. tantrums... Customers should be treated with respect and some since of gratitude. If there are no customers.. there is no job.

I actually quite enjoy most of rainless's .. um.. tantrums... Customers should be treated with respect and some since of gratitude. If there are no customers.. there is no job.

True, but I more or less believe rainless brings it upon himself due to his temper/attitude :)

True, but I more or less believe rainless brings it upon himself due to his temper/attitude :)

How's this for temper/attitude:

Rainless: Hands game to guy behind Counter. "Is there a buy one get one free sale going on now?"

GCG: "No! Well... YES. There is one. But it's for used games only."

Rianless: "This is a used game."

GCG: "Well then it's for NEW games only..."

This went on... in a similar fashion... for about 20 minutes.

And the mail lady... who I'd never even seen before... Throwing my RAM into the snow and making up a story saying I left a note telling her to do so?

YEAH... That was all my temper and attitude.

:rolleyes:

Anyway... The store manager was a lot more useful than I thought he would be (I told you I'd try it...) He apparently fixed the game somehow (haven't tried it yet, my ceiling just collapsed) and gave me a 20% off coupon.

I really don't want to ever go in there again... (if the game is really working after their super buffer/shiner treatment) but I felt that was a nice gesture and a human thing to do. Oh... and the lady behind me? The cashier rang her up for something that they didn't even HAVE... then had to make her wait on a refund once he found out they didn't even have it in stock. If I waited 20 minutes... she waited 25-35.

Nice little old lady. Must've been HER temper and attitude too hunh?

It has been and has continued to be that Game Crazy has the worst employees ever regardless of the location. If I were Hollywood video which is just the exact opposite, I'd kick them outta my chain stores.

Game Crazy employees treat customers like crap all the time. I never even go anywhere near one anymore. You can file a complaint with the BBB too.

Damn man, that sucks to hear. I worked at a Game Crazy for over a year, we had the best customer service around, tons better than the local Game Stops. But yeah man, bad customer service sucks.

On a realistic note, you won't get him fired. What'll happen is, you'll go as high up as you want, getting sympathetic apologies the whole way. Then at the end of the day, anyone in a managerial\corporate position will take his side.

Back