• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I order from Newegg over the Phone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IceThatJaw

I just recently had to cancel my card becuase someone charged a 200$ airline ticket on thier.

so can I do it over the phone?

Nope, Newegg takes orders on their website only. And even if you could place a
phone order, you'd still need a credit card to pay.

I have a new Credit Card I just dont want to order over the internet for a while.

taken from the newegg FAQ order section

Does Newegg.com accept phone, fax, email or snail mail orders?

All ordering, price quotes, stock status, and shipping quotes are provided online -- no exceptions. We do not accept phone, fax or e-mail orders or quotes. All pricing quotes on products and shipping are available on the website only.

You're safer ordering on the internet. The internet doesn't steal card numbers, people do. In order for your card to be ripped off, it's information first has to fall into the hands of a person. Hard (but possible) for internet orders.

If you order by phone, you are giving all your credit card information directly to a person, thereby saving said potentially untrustworthy person the trouble of hacking anything to get your numbers.

That said, if you order online, and the checkout page isn't https, or you're using unsecured wifi, you may as well be shouting your phone order into your speakerphone in a crowded place.

dude i dont think this is the only purchase you have made with your CC. could have been someone other then newegg. they could of even got the number a few months ago.

Back