• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet another "Screwed by MIR" thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I need to share my woes because it is Xmas eve and I am now out $40.

Never buying Corsair anymore or anything from MIR. Sent everything in perfect. Just checked the status of the rebate:

Documentation Status: your documentation is invalid.
Unfortunately, your submission has not qualified and a notification has been mailed. You should receive it by January 18, 2009.

This is crap. Anything these companies will do to save a buck, like denying rebates.

And end rant.

Easy: Rebates suck.

I don't have time for them. NOBODY should. "$2 shipped! *After $249 MIR*"

Merry Christmas!

I've had three successful OCZ rebates in the past few months. Read the returned information when you receive it, maybe you actually missed something...

Rebates have been hit and miss for me. I would say I get ~60% of the rebates I have sent in.

When looking at prices I just ignore the rebates now. If I get it great if not then whatever.

If you care - contact them asap, by phone if there's a number on the MIR form, get more information on what was wrong with your submission. Waiting for their scheduled time to send you the info only works against you. Hopefully you kept a copy of your submission as proof, they may allow you to resubmit it. I had to do that once with a rebate that was never received by the company and got the rebate. Another option would be to contact Corsair directly or the place of purchase.

The whole system of rebates is ridiculous.

It just drives me insane when I see people posting "after rebate" deals as if the money is automatically deposited to your C.C./Bank account as soon as the order is shipped.

Instead it's like six to ten months before you see any of that money... which you could've just placed in a high interest CD or something and earned it yourself in that amount of time. YOU'RE NOT "SAVING" ANY MONEY THROUGH REBATES!

Then again... I've already said my peace on that over the years.

I got pretty mad before about a $80 rebate on an external HD from Office Depot. It took 9 months to get to me, when all the documentation said to expect 3-4 weeks. I went to the store and talked to the manager, called the rebate place, escalated to the district manager. It was a big run-around, and I decided that I'll never do anything like that again.

I remember a time in high school that some guy ripped me off on some money, and I was at least able to get the satisfaction of punishing him. How can you punish some sleazy business?

Send the product back and make the retailer refund your purchase. That'll hit the manufacturer harder than the initial denied rebate.

I don't even bother with rebates. I'll search until I find the same item for less and that's that.

I can't count how many rebates I sent only to get that "your submission has not qualified" email :rolleyes:

It's a waste of time & energy going thru that whole crap. Those of you that got rebate returns are lucky.

I've never once mailed in a MIR. I don't bother with them. Although, I did order the $66 Dominator's right before Christmas. Thought that was a good deal without the $30 MIR. Though, I probably will send that in, for fun. I'll probably forget about it, hopefully one day a check for $30 will show up in my mail.

Send the product back and make the retailer refund your purchase. That'll hit the manufacturer harder than the initial denied rebate.

No it wont. The manufacturer made their money when the retailer bought it from them. The retailer will just turn around and resale it anyway.

yeah i dont do MIR's and i dont consider them as a part of or an incentive to the purchase ... like neb i'll look for best price and accept that ... MIR's are simply a marketing scam and i would be more inclined and am more inclined to purchase "instant" savings

I have one from corsair that's should be coming 8-10 weeks from what they e-mail said :[
it's only been 5 weeks I hope I don't get F over by them like you. how is ASUS with rebates? I have two coming in from them also

I don't go buy MIR's when I shop for deals, if some thing is $50 after a $20 rebate or $60 without at different places I go for the $60.

Some times I send them in, some times I don't. But I have yet to not receive a rebate I sent in, maybe not quickly, but always received. I also triple check the forms to make sure I didn't miss anything and make copies of everything sent in just in case.

Never had any issue with OCZ rebate.

I had 2 rebate checks expired (forgot to deposit), I contact OCZ support reps at OCZ forum ... they asked for proof of purchaces .. and issued new rebate checks 2 days later.

Same good experience with BFG, the rebate check expired and they AUTOMATICALLY sent new one.

Back