• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg DHL Smartmail...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am currently trying it for the first time and I am a little mad that I can not track it until it is received by the USPS... I hope it gets here on time!

first time i used it took 7 days for something to come from new jersey, then i ordered a microsd card from new jersey as well took 4 days to get to new york so its hit and miss with me i guess

Eh , DHL sucks around here .

My past (non DHL) Newegg orders used to get here in 24/36 hrs tops , but my last few (DHL) order took 7-9 days ( Iam only 80 miles from the Egg) . Needless to say Iam NOT a fan of the new shipping .

Last edited:
I was actually going to start a thread about this myself. They used to use Fedex which only took 2-3 days, at least it was a reasonable amount of time! I'm going on the fourth day and it hasn't even left the New Jersey warehouse yet!! I'm about 3 hours from the warehouse, if I had known it was going to take 7 business days to get here I would have bought this somewhere else. I have been shopping from the egg for years and nothing has ever taken more than a few days to get here, even from the CA warehouse! I have been disapointed my last few purchases from newegg and they are going down to number 3 on my list. Just my opinion, they have gone down hill........ :shrug:

I used UPS every time before and as soon as Newegg said it shipped it would be able to track. So far it's been four days and tracking still doesn't work. I'd rather pay a few dollars for shipping that I can track and know when I can expect it. Newegg smartmail-Thumbs down. Let's hope it's just smartmail....

When said mentioned 7 days, I neglect to say,,
I ordered a "notebook" cooler for the wife..
It went via USPS, got here in 3 days.
the SAME DAY with-in a few minutes, i ordered a SOdimm of Memory for the same notebook, (I had 2 pay with 2 different Visa cards, hence the seperate orders)..
That is what came 7 days Later..(smartMail ---> then shipped USPS? what-in-the-He// ? ;/ )...
NO Not a big fan either..

Smartmail is or was (as of 1 day ago) a DHL service much like UPS Basic where it goes through the USPS 90% of the trip if not all of it. Tracking and reliability all rely on the USPS system which as most know is poor at best. Use any of the UPS guaranteed services and you can track it all the way.

Well my stuff got here early on the 30th. Which is 5 days total. I am satisfied that it came in earlier than expected, but I think I will drop the extra coin for ups next time.

I thought DHL pulled out of the USA completely?? They lost something like $5 billion last year trying to compete with FedEx and UPS; athough I was never happy with their service (Frys.com used them quite a bit).

I used UPS every time before and as soon as Newegg said it shipped it would be able to track. So far it's been four days and tracking still doesn't work. I'd rather pay a few dollars for shipping that I can track and know when I can expect it. Newegg smartmail-Thumbs down. Let's hope it's just smartmail....

QFT!:attn:

I used that "Free" shipping 1 time since they started it and after that experience I told myself never again. It's worth it to me to spend a little money on shipping to keep my product out of DHL's greasy hands.

QFT!:attn:

I used that "Free" shipping 1 time since they started it and after that experience I told myself never again. It's worth it to me to spend a little money on shipping to keep my product out of DHL's greasy hands.

Well, it updated. And it says it left Kentucky on the 30th. Is it traveling by truck or something? Never again, DHL.

Oh well...I started this thread just to say that my experience with 3 different items by this shipping method worked fine and were delivered within the quoted time but it seems the opportunity to complain has taken over anyway :p

Oh well...I started this thread just to say that my experience with 3 different items by this shipping method worked fine and were delivered within the quoted time but it seems the opportunity to complain has taken over anyway :p

It's good to have both good and bad points about a service so people can make their own decisions based on our experiences. Based on my 1st and last experience with snail mail I will always pay for my choice of shipping rather than choosing DHL free shipping. My package was turned over to USPS 2 days ago and now and I no longer have the option of tracking the package. The email I got from newegg stated it could take 7-10 business days from NJ!! That's rediculous.......

There's already more than one thread complaining about the service which is why I started this one saying that my experience has been fine 3 times. Generally people just complain that it's slow although arrives within the quoted time, those are really more crybaby complaints than anything because if a service is provided and does what's within the service terms how can one complain? But whatever people like complaining and can't resist so they just do it here as well.

Back