• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SX1040 Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznrice

Registered
Anyone ever mod their antec sx1040 for water cooling? i'm thinking i can maybe fit a black ice rad at the top between the psu and 5.25" drive bay, mite take up a bay...but oh well...

I did my 840 like this, but I do not have a lot of drives. Just 1 HDD, 1 Floppy and 1 CD R/W.

Hoot

Dissolved said:
hoot, why didnt you take that water lead through the top?
so you wouldnt have to open the case to water ;)
just an idea.. :beer:

I thought about that when I layed it out, but it really doesn't go through water that quickly. Also, I am poking around inside the case constantly (daily), so if I need to add water, it's no imposition. If it were going under a table or desk somewhere, only to come out a couple of times ayear for periodic maintenance, then yes, that would be a good idea. The other issue is by leaving it float like it does, I can lay the case over on its side and simply prop up the fill tube to keep air from migrating up into the main tubing.

Hoot

Hoot said:

I thought about that when I layed it out, but it really doesn't go through water that quickly. Also, I am poking around inside the case constantly (daily), so if I need to add water, it's no imposition. If it were going under a table or desk somewhere, only to come out a couple of times ayear for periodic maintenance, then yes, that would be a good idea. The other issue is by leaving it float like it does, I can lay the case over on its side and simply prop up the fill tube to keep air from migrating up into the main tubing.

Hoot

i see your point..
im always in my case too...
so i have my water cooling stuff outside ;)

Back