• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amazon & USPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Surfrider77

Just wanted to comment on an order I placed for Lost Season 4 on BluRay from Amazon that shipped on Dec 8th. A bit of a rant for the USPS and some praise for Amazon.

We all know USPS sucks, but I am overseas at an APO military address. I have no other shipping choice, so no "you should have known better" comments please...lol. :) Anyway, Amazon shipped the order on December 8th and provided tracking. This is where it gets simply absurd. See pic below:

Basically, according to the tracking information it took two days for USPS to get my package a grand total of 26 miles within Illinois! Then the package took an additional 4 days to travel another 800 miles to New York. There the package sat for an additional 2 days before going anywhere and has since been "lost in the ether" of USPS / Military Mail since December 15th. :eh?:

I know military mail can be sluggish, especialy at Christmas, but I had 3 separate orders from Amazon AFTER this one shipped and they have all arrived within ~5 days after shipping.

I do have to compliment Amazon though. I called their Customer Service today to explain. I pretty much just told them my order number and the fact the package hadnt arrived yet. I was immediately told that they would be shipping a replacement order free of charge on the spot, without me asking! I was pretty happy with that and it dawned on me that in all my years of Amazon shopping, its the first I have ever had to deal with their CS. Speaks volumes I think. Shame I have to go through the entire USPS crapshoot again! :(

Attachments

• Tracking.JPG
    Tracking.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 102
Back