• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

paypal method of payment messed up

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jediobi1

i hope someone can give me some advice to this problem, i purchased a couple of items on ebay last week and payed using paypal like i always do, well when i pay i use my CC.

well i also have my bank account connected to my paypal and when i went to pay paypal tried to get the funds from my bank account instead of my CC,

and now my account has a neg balance and im unable to pay, i tried sending an email to paypal but with me only finding out about it on new years eve i wont get a reply til tomorrow, has this ever happened to anyone here? if so how did you fix it?

if anyone has any advice please let me know thanks

Well unfortunately if you didn't have the funds in your bank account the payment bounced so you're going to have to pay the bounce fee of probably $25.00 and re send the payment after you straighten it out with both parties. I would call your bank tomorrow and shoot the seller on ebay an email right away and explain what happened. I'm sure it's no the first time that has happened.

this just happened to me today actually. and it was my fault. i was buying an i7 920 off ebay and it was for 271.00. I had 285 in my paypal account. not thinking about it i hit buy it now and proceeded to pay with the money in my PP acount. Well it went through as an e-check. tried taking the money out of my bank account which i didnt have in there yet. After contacting the seller i figured out that the total ended up being 289 dollars and because i only had 285 in PP it had to pull from my bank account. I made a deal with the seller for 285 shipped and after that all is well.

thanks for the input from both of you it really helps i have already sent an email to the seller and am currently waiting for the reply i just hope he understands, my paycheck comes tomorrow and i cant have the money taken out of it as its for my car payment

this just happened to me today actually. and it was my fault. i was buying an i7 920 off ebay and it was for 271.00. I had 285 in my paypal account. not thinking about it i hit buy it now and proceeded to pay with the money in my PP acount. Well it went through as an e-check. tried taking the money out of my bank account which i didnt have in there yet. After contacting the seller i figured out that the total ended up being 289 dollars and because i only had 285 in PP it had to pull from my bank account. I made a deal with the seller for 285 shipped and after that all is well.

That's strange, I thought when you choose 'Paypal balance' Paypal uses your Paypal balance first then uses the selected backup funding source for any additional amount. But it used your backup funding for the entire amount?

Back