• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good-Bye Ed...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ozahoski

I've been here since the early days and I have to admit I'm sad to see you leave :cry: Hope to see you again down the road:beer:

Last edited:
I've been visiting overclockers.com since 97 or 98 IIRC. Your articles have always shown great insight and they will be missed.

Yeah, I've been reading OC for a long time before I even joined the forums, Ed will be missed :(

What?
Dam!
Sorry to see you go man, been for like ever. I'll miss you.
Not G/J but the whole "Good Job"

Ed,

I'd like to thank you for guiding the masses through the maze that is all PC. :) You've written about the good, the bad, and the ugly in the PC world, and I've followed you from almost the beginning.

You've made overclocking an adventure. One that's taken many on a long ride. :) Myself included. For that I thank you as well..

Your articles were well written, and clearly thought out. While I may not have agreed with you, your arguments always had valid points, that always gave me food for thought.

Ed, it's been a hell of a ride. Thanks much. I hope the futre is as good to you, as the last 10 have been. :)

Slipped in at the end of the article about Steve Job's exaggerated demise...ironically dark and perhaps slightly underhanded.

Given that 90% + of the FP articles are from Ed, one wonders about the fate of our beloved front page. Not to mention no more snarky Apple links for my sig...

Whatever you're doing Ed, hope it works out well for you!

I can't believe Ed is leaving.

The scary thing is I'm seeing an exact parallel between Ed and Steve Jobs. He spent three beautifully crafted pages discussing everything that revolves around the Jobs icon of apple, and what-if scenarios with his health issue. Yet here Ed is leaving us. Ed has been the person to bring us news for nearly ten years. He has always written in depth article pointing out obvious and sometimes not so obvious reasons behind everything. I often get my news from other sources, but come to overclockers.com to get a true analysis. Ed has written articles on AMD, Intel, Nvidia, ATI, Via, IBM, everyone. He's praised and slashed everyone. Ed takes the news and reads between the lines, shows us what is really happening and some possible reasoning. He often reminds us that there is more than overclockers out in the world, yet he also shows how everything is connected.

I will miss Ed dearly. The frontpage has been one of my daily visits for a long time now. I check email, check current events, wikipedia, check overclockers front page, etc. I wish we could give him a going a way party or something to show how much we all appreciated his insight.

If anyone finds out his reason for leaving, and what he might be doing next (maybe another site?? or is he retired?), and feels it's okay to share, please do.

Well Ed, let me just say that you're one of the very few web journalists (if that's the appropriate title) that I know by name. I don't mean this as an offense to them, but most of the other guys are simply incognito representations of their websites, however fine a job they may be doing. You have always been something else.
I thank you for everything and wish you all the best in any future endeavours, I'm sure you'll be a great success in whatever you choose to do next.

And...just in case that this is a parody or a stunt as someone commented on the FP, let me play right into your hands, you deserved it:
"Overclockers.com will never be the same without you!" ;)

I can't believe how much of an impact this is making on me. I feel like I've lost a friend. Not to be over dramatic but it's going to feel kind of empty coming to the site from now on.

I like Joe's reviews and I don't mean to minimize his hard work and devotion. I just really looked forward to stopping by and reading Ed's insightful writing.

Live long and prosper.

Sad to see you go, have enjoyed your articles especially the ones over the last 6 months. You will obviously be missed but I wish you luck in your future endeavors.

Take care, Ed. I hope you have great success and satisfaction.

Know that you were great at what you did. Your analysis was very insightful and entertaining - the best anywhere.

Luv'd your stuff for years Ed . :D

You will be missed !

All the best to you in future endeavours ;)

Back