• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg FTW!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OldSkool

Rest In Peace
Since there seems to have been a recent outbreak of Newegg hating going on around here, I feel compelled to share my latest great Eggsperience.

I ordered a pair of Turtle Beach X-52's from the Egg on sale for $40.99 for intended use on my Xbox 360(CoD4). I knew, after the impulse buy, that it says for PC use, but after seeing all the attachments, I thought that I could make it work somehow. I, of course, was wrong:bang head. They work very nicely on the pc however.

So today I called them up to start the RMA process. This phone call lasted five minutes! I told the guy that the headset was fine and I, like an idiot:screwy:, simply ordered the wrong model and that I'd need to exchange it for the X-1. He informed me of the 15% restocking fee and then told me that since I'm reordering anyway, that he'd waive the charge. He sent me the RMA email and all I need to do is send the package back, they'll take care of the rest.

Nothing new in my experience. As always, great service:clap:! Additionally, shipping was still the usual three days via UPS free ground shipping.

Ordered 4GB RAM recently, fast service as usual. The problem doesn't seem to be
newegg itself but rather the shippers they use for items with free shipping. I can
certainly understand the frustration of fedex or dhl smart post shipping, and so far
I've been lucky as I've only had to read about it, not experience it. :)

I paid 6.99 for the UPS guaranteed 3-day ground shipping, and the item arrived
in two business days, as I happen to live two business days UPS ground from the
NJ warehouse.

Got screwed on a rebate ... spent 10 minutes with a customer service rep and they refunded the rebate amount to my account. Newegg rocks.

I have to agree with you, I have yet to have a bad eggsperience with the egg... My computer building life practically revolves around them. Been using them for a little over 6 years now with out any problems so far.

I have had nothing but nice experiences through newegg recently:

-Ordered a DFI BloodIron mobo which went bad after the 30 days for neweggs RMA time. Contacted DFI and got part way through the RMA process with them, which was already difficult. About a month of making attempts to finish up the RMA with DFI had me pretty flustered so I contacted newegg in the hopes that they could help. They let me know that they would contact DFI to see what happened and apparently they could not get very far either. Instead of just letting it go they allowed for an exception and I am currently in the process of that RMA through newegg.

-Ordered a 4 gigabyte memory kit which dropped a couple weeks after my purchase so I contacted the rep on here and he credited me the difference in price.

-That same memory kit had a MIR on it but OCZ decided for the second time(they did it to me before about a year ago) they would screw me out of my perfectly valid MIR. This time I didn't even send an email to newegg to complain as I thought it was completely out of their hands. I did mention it in my review of the product though and two days later someone from newegg sends me an email notifying me that they will credit my next order with the amount of the MIR.

It is very nice to see a company that not only has fantastic customer service themselves but will make up for the lack of customer service from other companies. I know I will not be purchasing any more ocz or dfi products but newegg will always be my number one choice for pc parts.

Same here, nothing but great experiences from the egg. Just today I received my latest order (Radeon 4670 and a electric razor, yes...an electric razor, lol), packed great and products arrived in great condition, not to mention it was shipped out fast.

Thank you EGG!

Back