• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computers4sure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dolk

I once overclocked an Intel
I don't know if anyone has ever bought from www.computers4sure.com before but it sucks.

I saw that they were doing pre-orders for the Phenom II 940 and thought hay why not buy from them, see how it goes. So far I have been jerked around with estimates on shipping dates and the progress of my order.

Their website is also just horribly done. Going around from one place to the other is not easy. When calling them, only 1 of the 3 options they give you for transferring your call actually works. That leads me to believe that a lot of inner communication with the company is a bit terrible.

The Staff there is nice though, I will have to admit that. Even when I call them close to closing time, the people are still nice to me.

One thing I found to be most bothersome with this site, is that after ordering my CPU a day later they take it down from the page. I was informed (after waiting on hold for 1 hour) that I would still get my product, even though their site does not show it any longer. What should happened, instead of me calling them, was for them to send me a nice email saying: "Hey, even though we don't sell this product anymore you are still going to get it!". Keeping the customer up to speed is important, its just like keeping your boss up to speed. You don't go to your boss say one thing, and then say another later that day, when really it was something completely different.

Anyway /end rant.

Nowadays I do all my research before I place an order with someone. Or I pay the extra $$$ to insure satisfaction.

It appears they are owned by Office Depot, so it is not a simple hole in the wall operation, there is a corporate entity there.

Yeah I was about to say.

I believe they should back up what they say if they are going to sell something. I hate having to pick up the phone and call these people to find out what is going on. Things should be updated on their site. Newegg does a great job with this.

Back