• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rumor: Circuit City to be liquidated if not sold by next Friday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Doesn't surprise me. They've closed all their doors, sold off all the stock & fixtures & pulled out of a few prospective locations in Kansas City. This was a few months ago now ... we no longer have a CC in the greater KC metro.

Geez , thx for the info .

Ok now I've gotta go cancel my warranty on my Panasonic plasma , as the whole point was to get in-home service and or in-store exchange .

Direct info from CC investment site : http://investor.circuitcity.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=358471

Don't worry about your extended warranties, they're generally financially backed by an external insurance company.

When CompUSA went under, people with warranties were actually able to get limited service at our BBY since both companies used AIG.

intresting... r there still stores open... i know they closed some of them but there are a coupla more in my area that i know wernt on the close by december list. if so r we gonna see a super crazy liquidation sale?

intresting... r there still stores open... i know they closed some of them but there are a coupla more in my area that i know wernt on the close by december list. if so r we gonna see a super crazy liquidation sale?

it will be very cherry picked though.

Yes the store here in ft collins colorado is open. Dont think it will close

if so r we gonna see a super crazy liquidation sale?

It's Circuit City. If there is some big fire-sale, the prices will be reduced from absolutely offensive to only slightly ridiculous. Don't get your hopes up.

We've still got one in Grand Rapids. I wonder if there will be a fire-sale?

If its to be sold off there will be a fire sale but probably phased slowly, so don't expect great prices right away, but yet again if you see a good price that means someone else might buy it before u can.

I doubt that there will be a fire sale at all. If it's sold, inventory will be sold off and moved to other retail locations, and if it's liquidated, then the inventory will likely be sold in lots.

Well I have one outside Philly that is still open. If they do go under, I hope it is around the 2nd week of February when I get my tax refund :D

Gonna be buying a big screen then

Well, its Friday and Circuit City has been accepting bids from liquidators including Gordon Brothers. LINK

If thats the way it goes then there won't be any deals.

Now that blows, they did have a better selection in some items over say Best Buy by me, but then again customer service by me sucked so I'd just go to Best Buy and get it.

I wonder if they'll severly mark down computer hardware?

I doubt they will so much on TVs, and the like, but maybe on computer hardware.

Back