• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WTF paypal....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nd4spdbh2

OK well i went to go buy something off ebay... went to pay with paypal and had to update my credit card info due to the expiration date changing. n e ways i changed it then went to pay and pp was like... we canot use this card it has not ben authorized, please use another card or payment method.... WTF how long does it take to authorize a card?

Sometimes you have to verify it by a charge Paypal makes to your CC which has a 4 digit code in the charge line item, the charge then gets refunded I think it's $1.95. I had to do this once or twice recently, another time it was added instantly so idk what was different.

over 24 hours later and im still gettin the same error.

"This transaction failed because we were unable to verify this credit card through our card validation process. In order to proceed with your transaction, please select a different funding method or add a different credit card."

and when i go to remove the card from my accnt i get this...

"You may not remove your funding source while an authorization is still pending"

GAH cmon paypal get with it i have a verified address have had the same cc numbe with you guys FOREVER!!!

Did you check your bank account to find the debits and complete the verification process? (Or was that only deposits and checking account?)

called paypal... said it was the credit card company... called credit card company, said its a bad three digit security code and that im putting it in wrong... im not blind i can read the damn code clear as day... bah... guess ill be calling the main credit services tomorrow during business hrs.

You seem to be complaining before taking the 30 seconds to find and read the instructions.

PayPal said:
Why do I have to link and confirm my debit or credit card?
Linking and confirming your debit or credit card help protect your account. These steps confirm your identity and credit card information, and limit the risks connected with stolen credit cards and fake identities.
PayPal said:
How much am I charged for confirming my debit or credit card?
Your card is charged in the currency of your card:
* 1.95 USD
* 2.45 CAD
* 1.00 GBP
* 1.50 EUR
* 200 JPY
* 2.00 AUD
* 3.00 CHF
* 15.00 NOK
* 15.00 SEK
* 12.50 DKK
* 6.50 PLN
* 400.00 HUF
* 50.00 CZK
* 3.00 SGD
* 15.00 HKD
* 3.00 NZD
If we are unable to determine the currency of your card or we do not support the currency of the card, the card is charged 1.95 USD.
The charge amount is refunded once the PayPal code is entered and your card is confirmed.
PayPal said:
Where do I find my PayPal code?
You can find your 4-digit PayPal code on your credit or debit card statement near the PayPal fee. In the item description section, you'll see it next to the word PAYPAL.
It may take a few business days for the PayPal code to appear on your online card statement. If you do not have online access to your statement, you'll need to wait for your statement in the mail.

they said the card was fine but wasnt accepting the 26 cent charge as it was fradulant for some reason... so ill see whats up when i call tomorrow during business hrs.

Back