• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Update on my weightloss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
i'm still around 300lbs... but i've been losing a lot of size. i'm now down to size 48 pants.

In this first picture (some of you may remember it) was taken in march of 2008. I had already lost a lot by then, and was wearing about size 56 pants at the time (after dropping from size 64). You can see i still have a pretty big gut and the pants are 'wrapping' around me as i hold them up next to me.

3_20_2008.jpg

Now here is me tonight. haven't lost too much side-to-side, but front-to-back, i've lost a lot as you can tell. now down to size 48 pants. Notice the pants no longer wrap around my gut as i stretch them out in front of me.

1_13_2009.JPG

good guess... i'm 6'3"... though only when i stand on my left leg/shift my weight to it. on my right leg, i'm about an inch shorter thanks to various joint injuries (knee, ankle)

Jesus Frank...

I can't believe you ever fit into those pants.

Couldn't be prouder of you.

My best friend used to be a big boy. Decided he didn't want to look like that anymore in high school and he's been weightlifting ever since.

Now he looks like Hercules.

I'm proud of him too... but you had a lot more starting material. :beer:

Nice job! I need to get back to it. While I don't look it, I'm 280lbs. I used to work out 3 times a week but scheduling forced me out of it.

Jesus Frank...

I can't believe you ever fit into those pants.

Couldn't be prouder of you.

My best friend used to be a big boy. Decided he didn't want to look like that anymore in high school and he's been weightlifting ever since.

Now he looks like Hercules.

I'm proud of him too... but you had a lot more starting material. :beer:

somewhere around here (if i can find it) i got a couple pics of me wearing those pants.... and i'm the size of a small volkswagan beetle...

Yeah man, way to go. An inspiration to all, and a reminder to all of us that anything is possible once you apply yourself.

Awesome progress! Remember, slow and steady and keep going to your goal weight. Your health is WELL worth the effort!

My cousin is about your height and used to be just shy of 500lbs. He started working out, slowly but steadily, about 4 years ago. He's now just over 200lbs and has stuck to his workout schedule and diet and couldn't be happier with his success. You look to be on the same road that he was which is exciting! If I could, I would give you a hug and a pat on the back...you should be proud of your progress! :D

Congrats man! My step mother recently has been loosing a lot of weight after gaining a lot over the past few years. It's a very hard thing to do and a lot of respect goes out to you! You must be feeling so much happier about yourself and just overall.

Best of luck on continuing your success!

Keep it up for sure. All I can really suggest is lots of movement coupled with some muscle gaining. THe muscle gaining will help you gain weight but will reduce your body fat tremendously because your body is just like a car, it needs fuel. If you have a V8 for a body instead of a inline 4, it's going to guzzle more gas, right?

More muscle requires more calories to power.

Wow, looking great Frank and congrats!!! :beer:
I was always one of those people on the other end of that spectrum. I graduated high school at 115 lbs! I was always on weight gain diets and worked out religiously. I was consuming 15,000+ calories a day with protein shakes and after 6 months of that I gained a single pound!! :bang head I know you're probably thinking to your self ("Shut the **** up you skinny *******") but it bothered me a lot and I tried for years to gain weight to no avail. I started gaining weight when I hit about 32 or so, I'm 38 now and I'm 185lbs @5`10". Now I have to exercise to maintain my weight!!!! DOH! Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it..... :)

Anyway, nice job and I wish you well for many years to come. :beer:

Jeez Frank, nice work man.. Wish I had your willpower.. Sitting at 5'8 and stable around 450.. I feel good when i don't GAIN weight.. Can't manage to lose any

What kind of chair do you use, if you don't mind? I need something that's practically bulletproof and I"m just under 300lbs. If I could find me a chair that didn't creak and could support my weight I'd be sound as a pound.

Back