• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

open box mobos at new egg..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reboot

not sure if this is the right place for this but there are more open box mobos at new egg right now then I have ever seen before, and many with free shipping.

TO many to list tbh,

Q : Has anyone ordered open box mobo from newegg before, what did you end up with, an OEM board with nothing else or a full package with manuals and accessories?

In all seriousness, just be sure to read the description of exactly what it comes with as it does vary from item to item.

GL!

I just purchased an open-box P5Q-Deluxe for $124. It should get to me on Monday.

I ordered an open-box MSI Neo3-F for $60 a couple months ago. It came w/ everything except the I/O plate.

With NewEgg open-box you never know what you'll get. Their disclaimer states that there is no guarantee that ANY accessories will be included.

I don't need most of the accessories. The only thing I wish was guaranteed was the I/O plate, but you can get them online.

Jason, got a P5Q-Deluxe open box yesterday from the egg, and was board only, with absolutely nothing else. This is my 3rd open box motherboard order from newegg... and the first two came with all the accessories.

I did get the board installed and vista all setup last night without issue but haven't started OCing yet. It's folding away as we speak (er, type). Honestly, I found I didn't need any accessories and the old IO plate from my P5K-Premium fit the board perfectly.

NewEgg usually doesn't come with anything, however, Mwave usually comes with quite a bit, usually everything, may want to check them out.

I wouldn't say that Newegg usually comes as only the bare board. The truth is, you honestly never know. I have purchased a pretty large number of open box mobo's from the egg over the past 4 or 5 years, and I approximate that half the time I get everything in as-new (or close to it) condition.

Then about 25% of the time I get a bare board, and the remaining 25% of the time I get some of the accessories but not all of them.

Asus specifically is a little different, however. There must be some sort of deal between Asus and the egg where newegg sells recertified (or pre-purchased / used / RMA'd / whatever) boards in a white box as "open box" deals. I've purchased multiple "open box" P5B series, P5K series and P5Q series boards and the majority of the time I receive a bare board in a non-original box (plain white). So keep in mind that when you buy open box Asus the odds are higher that you won't get anything besides the mobo.

Jason, got a P5Q-Deluxe open box yesterday from the egg, and was board only, with absolutely nothing else. This is my 3rd open box motherboard order from newegg... and the first two came with all the accessories.

I did get the board installed and vista all setup last night without issue but haven't started OCing yet. It's folding away as we speak (er, type). Honestly, I found I didn't need any accessories and the old IO plate from my P5K-Premium fit the board perfectly.

Well in my case it might work out perfectly then!

I RMA'd my P5K-Premium last year due to the RAID issue on WD drives. I got back a brand-new board w/ all the accessories. So, now I have 2 complete sets of accessories...all the cables, 2 I/O plates, and a ton of those PWN fans. I can use 1 set for the P5Q-Deluxe, and put the other unused-still-in-the-bag set back w/ the P5K-Premium when I sell it.

Thanks for letting me know the I/O plate is compatible...1 less thing to worry about.

How's the P5Q-Deluxe treating you Mustanley? Were you able to OC your Q9550 any higher?

:beer:

Haven't tried OCing it yet... might try real quick to see if it's stable at 3.7GHz that I got on the P5K-premium. Probably be a few days before I can put any time into since I have 3 more builds to complete in the next couple of days. I like the board better the P5K_premium so far though. Between multiple sets of faulty crucial ballistix and the western digital hd incompatibilty, I was ready for something else.

not sure if this is the right place for this but there are more open box mobos at new egg right now then I have ever seen before, and many with free shipping.
Yeah, I'm ordering one, as well. But the way you say that makes me suspicious.. ;P But their policy says the boards are tested and functional, so.. :shrug:

Whats your budget? What are you putting on it? Dual? Quad?
budget is low, and in the long term i want to be able to buy used stuff to upgrade.

putting a e5300 in it planing on getting a 4870 for now
leaving room for upgrades to crossfire and cpu later.

I have also thought about getting a asrock p45 with the for a future upgrade to ddr3, i think they have one on an open box at newegg too.

both of these board are supposed to be efficient too, and that important to me, toms did a test on them recently.

here is a link to the asrock p45s

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Manufactory=1944&PropertyCodeValue=717:40132

im going to run with older asrock that i got for $45 used (got the e5300 for $50 used)with an agp/pci-e for a little bit

very soon I'll buy a video card and psu, then maybe next month buy a mobo and ram, and sell off my left over parts, and my sig in the classifeds.

im gonna start a thread in mobos about this

Last edited:
I almost bought an Asus Rampage the other day for $150 open box but after seeing all of the stuff it could be missing I decided to pass.

Back