• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung CS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone here have any experience with Samsung customer support? My Samsung TV has been acting weird today and after looking around the FAQs on their site I finally sent them an email. Just want to brace myself if they are going to be a bunch of a**holes about it. And sorry if I got the section wrong, figured this would be one of the better sections to ask in.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 204B. One saturday morning I had a horizontal line of pixels go bad and would just change around random funny colors. I gave Samsung a call and had someone helping me out within 2 minutes of calling. They immiediately gave me the option of putting a new monitor on my CC, sending me the new monitor, and when I sent back my defective one back they would refund my money. Or they would send out my new monitor to a UPS store and I could go and exchange it there. I choose shipping the monitor to the local UPS store. The new monitor was at the UPS store on the following Wendsday. I was extremely happy with their customer support and will gladly buy othe Samsung products in the future.

That's pretty neat. I haven't heard of RMA swaps at UPS stores before, but it sounds like a great idea. I wish other retailers/manufacturers did something similar.

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 204B. One saturday morning I had a horizontal line of pixels go bad and would just change around random funny colors. I gave Samsung a call and had someone helping me out within 2 minutes of calling. They immiediately gave me the option of putting a new monitor on my CC, sending me the new monitor, and when I sent back my defective one back they would refund my money. Or they would send out my new monitor to a UPS store and I could go and exchange it there. I choose shipping the monitor to the local UPS store. The new monitor was at the UPS store on the following Wendsday. I was extremely happy with their customer support and will gladly buy othe Samsung products in the future.

Well that's good to hear. It will be frustrating if I have to exchange it though, ordered it from Newegg a couple months back and I don't have a car to take it to a ups store and the local post office is still 10 minutes walking. Anyway, I'm stuck with it trying to change inputs whenever it feels like it and am stuck watching the discovery channel until I get a reply.

Well that's good to hear. It will be frustrating if I have to exchange it though, ordered it from Newegg a couple months back and I don't have a car to take it to a ups store and the local post office is still 10 minutes walking. Anyway, I'm stuck with it trying to change inputs whenever it feels like it and am stuck watching the discovery channel until I get a reply.

I would really suggest that you give them a call. Like I said I called on a saturday mornining and got someone who spoke perfect english.

I would really suggest that you give them a call. Like I said I called on a saturday mornining and got someone who spoke perfect english.

I'll probably end up doing that tomorrow morning. I just hope its something they can fix it over the phone, like I said it's hard for me to get it to a post office and I don't want to have to wait/keep an eye on a repair guy coming out.

Update: Wow, weren't joking about the whole fast service thing. As soon as the tier 1 tech realized they couldn't do anything, got to tier 2, and he realized that he couldn't do anything and that it was still under warranty he transferred me to the repair center. Have to wait until next Friday to get a call to talk about the best time they could send someone out. Not my first choice, but hey, guess there is nothing I can be walked through over the phone and it beats having to drag it to a post office that may not even be able to ship it.

Last edited:
Back