• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy a pot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi i currently live in New Zealand and just wondering where i would be able to get a pot from? to get into extreme cooling. thanks

Hi painsorrow...great to see another kiwi going extreme... do you know Deanzo (here at OCF), he's a kiwi and a very very accomplished extreme bencher... if you send him a PM i'm sure he'd love to chat with you and lend you a hand if need be... btw are u on the North island or South island?

Matt:beer:

Contact some guys on XS. Duniek or k|ngp|n.

+1 and personally reccommend Vince (klngpln)... his F1EE is the best pot hands down in my opinion.

hey matt im matt too :p haha. north island south auckland to be exact. Yeah ive messaged Deanzo but im guessing hes busy atm because he replied before but not lately. any ideas on how much a pot is going to cost including shipping to NZ? i dont mind if its not teh greatest one just an avg. would be great. and ive tried finding DIce or ln2 in NZ but not having the best luck where do you recommend or know of? thanks heaps.

yeah he's been quite busy lately... Well a good ln2 pot can run from $300 to $600 US depending on metal prices etc... if you just want a pot for DICE that would be cheaper most likely, I'd say something between $150 and $250. I just sold my Little Devil pot a few weeks back for $175. It's quite rare to see them forsale here at OCF ...but at XS they are much more plentiful, I'd also suggest checking things like ebay and those kinds of auction sites....As for where to get DICE or Ln2 in NZ...??? I don't know at all as I am living in South Korea. Deanzo should be able to help you with locating a source...however he's not on your island...but i'd venture to guess he may know a few company names he could throw at you which may be located in your area as well. Best of luck in your pursuits.... consider joining our benching team here? It's alot of fun and we are a great bunch of friendly people!

Yeah a DIce one would be all i would want. yeah i would be quite keen to join teh benching team when i have the pot and can get the DIce. i have a few cpus i can throw all i want at and dont mind what happens to them haha. so should be some fun.

When I messaged Vince (k|ngp|n) he wanted $400 USD + shipping for his F1EE. Duniek wanted something like $150 USD + shipping for his all copper pot. He has a cheaper one that is a copper base and aluminum tube and that was $100 USD + shipping. Shipping one of Dunieks pot was around $25 from Poland to Michigan. k|ngp|n lives an hour away from me so I'm sure if he put it in a flat rate box it would have been around $10.

LOL

I had to read this thread title twice to be sure I saw it correctly.

haha. yeah. i might have to talk to Duniek because id rather have a cheaper pot first before spending big amounts on a better pot.

Good idea. Plus the F1EE is really designed for LN2 in the first place, and if you're running DICE I don't know if you'd see $250 difference between the F1EE and Dunieks $150 pot.

hell the first thing i thought was dry ice /ln2 and i don't even do that type of extreme cooling. and for frigging 150-500 a pot dam! i will stick with a cascade once i get my licence.

the pot i prob ganna get is 48 eur and it alu/alu and it 68 eur for a cop/alu from Deniek. But what kills me is teh 20 eur or 40 eur shipping :S haha. But maybe Deanzo will come in with some ideas for me because hes from New Zealand too.

i'm sure there is some kind of plumbing shop you can buy a section of 1.5" or 2" copper tubing and a end cap. solder in some pins for more surface area and solder the cap to the tube and there you have it.

though i'm sure the cnc'd ones work better.

Back