• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX Support not what it use to be?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

defiant79

As suggested, I'm posting this in the vendor discussion since it deals with the credibility of XFX Inc.

Original Thread:
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589514

I have an open ticket for a video card RMA it was sent in on December 8th, at first it was replaced with an 8800GS which choked at 1680x1050 with 2xAA, then I was sent a dead 8800GTS. Now I'm awaiting another 8800GTS that (if it works) should finally resolve the issue after almost 2 months!

I just (hopefully) wrapped up a RMA with them. I haven't had a chance to test the card yet. Everything so far has gone very smoothly. On the other hand a friend of mine purchased the 216 BE and it's artifacting on him. He created a support ticket probably close to a month ago and has not heard anything from them. It seems like what you need to do with them is call them up and talk to someone, which browsing through the other thread it seems like you have done.

Yes, their ticket system will take ages to get a response. You are better off calling them up and talking with someone to get things started. I got an initial response to my ticket quite easily, but I had to call to get someone to issue and RMA number cause after 2-3 weeks of waiting for them to reply to a ticket, I was tired of waiting.

There are quite a few stories if you google it about them taking a month to respond to a ticket. I'd like to hope it just those few tickets that fall through the cracks, but after all this....I'm glad you and CGR got your RMA's done. I hope your card checks out ok, so you won't have to deal with them again.

yep, ive got an open ticket for rma and its been almost two weeks sence ive gotten a response, im just gonna call them. they used to be so good on the tickets, i had my dead 8600 resolved in a few days.

It might have something to do with them switching completly over to ATI. Maybe you guys are the unfortunate victims of a massive re-tooling?

Donno, thats just what came to my mind as I read this thread.

yep, ive got an open ticket for rma and its been almost two weeks sence ive gotten a response, im just gonna call them. they used to be so good on the tickets, i had my dead 8600 resolved in a few days.

They were suppose to update my ticket yesterday with tracking info for the new card they were suppose to send, still nothing. I'm on hold right now waiting to speak to someone. I truly hope with the shuffle to ATI that things will return to what they use to be.

I can open a support ticket with my web hosting or even my phone company and usually get a response within 1 hour. Heck, even ECS responded to my ticket and issued an rma within 24 hours without a phone call.

yea i dont do XFX any more either, their response was fine but when my 7900GT was dieing they took their sweet *** time getting me a replacment and they sent me an 8600 GT which was of poorer performance than my 7900GT on top of that this piticular card has a propriotary PCI express power connector, it was the same shape and everything but it used a different voltage set up when it would pull from a 4 pin molex and that was the ONLY way i could power the card.

heres the comparison between a regular 4pin to express and the xfx 4 pin to express adapters:
pcie%20(1).JPG

i think the xfx one is on the right, i cant remember any more.

needless to say i sold the card for $65, used my $25 8500GT that had better DDR3 ram on it untill i got my 9600.

i got a response finally and the card is ont he way to xfx, well see what i get back.

Good Luck! My 3rd replacement is on its way to me, so we'll see if this one is a dud or not. They made a point to tell me that this card has undergone some rigerous testing before being shipped out and that it works. If I have any problems with it, I've been advised to have my system looked at by a TRANINED service agent.

Thats what I was told. I won't even bother telling them about my certifications or my degree, lol

Just to follow up with my RMA. I opened the package this weekend and received an 8800GS instead of the 7900GT. I didn't get a chance to test it, so I am not sure how it compares. I would think it's slightly better. If so I can't complain.

i got my card back, and it was the right one.:santa::beer:

I finally got something that works on the 3rd try. They sent me an 8800GTS 640 meg card. So far its running pretty good.

I'm glad you guys got your cards back ok, it wouldn't have been as bad if it didn't take so dang long to get an answer to a support ticket. There no reason it should take weeks just to start an rma.

I have also had some bad luck with their customer service. The fan on the stock cooler of my card "burned up" and they sent me a replacement after 2 WEEKS, turns out this fan was a dud as well!!! 2 MORE WEEKS later, I received another replacement that worked, but that was after a MONTH of downtime. that is just ridiculous.

Back