• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherload!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingslayer

My dreams were answered. A buddy of mine brought me a virtual goldmine lastnight. 4 foot by 8 foot piece of 1/8 inch lexan. Enough for 3 complete cases.

We're going to build a mid tower ATX, another midtower ATX that opens like a clam shell like the new Dell's. And a full tower ATX that will have a marble bottom. This will probably take some time, but I will post pics as we progress.

SWEET! With that much Lexan I could take the ghetto setup I have downstairs and make one great big case for my basement seti farm.......which gets me thinking................!

Can't wait to see the pics:cool:

I'll definately keep up with this thread then. I've thought of doing a case out of something similar for a long time, I just don't have any resources to do it with.

Sounds cool and good luck with the projects!

Well I have changed my mind slightly. I am going to build two of them cubes. 15" cube cases, split down the middle internally. The motherboard will be on one side, and the drives will be on the other. The cables will go through a single hole in the divider.

Should look pretty sweet. Now if I can just bring myself to buy an AMD system so I can run one of those really sweet Black Pearl Dragon Soyo boards, lol.

Kingslayer said:
Well I have changed my mind slightly. I am going to build two of them cubes. 15" cube cases, split down the middle internally. The motherboard will be on one side, and the drives will be on the other. The cables will go through a single hole in the divider.

Should look pretty sweet. Now if I can just bring myself to buy an AMD system so I can run one of those really sweet Black Pearl Dragon Soyo boards, lol.

Once you go AMD you never go back muahahahahahaahahahah
j/k well neways, those mobos do look great altho i thought they were purple?
but id love to see this after its done :D

Rezman5 said:
Isn't 1/8" a little thin? Wouldn't it buckle and bent under that weight? Correct me if I'm wrong

Under what weight?

The only thing that will have a load under it is the bottom, and we plan on having 1/2" black granite cut for the bottom. Nice thing about small towns...everyone knows everyone.

The tricky part will be making the sides open without taking away from the structure. My buddy wants to use Dzus fasteners on the sides, but them things are expensive. We already have all three of them built 90% in our minds and have spent $0 so far on parts, so maybe splurging for the Dzus fasteners wouldnt be a bad idea.

Anyone out here in Ohio live close to Summit Racing by any chance? Summit has Dzus's.

Back