• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Warning to anyone buying an OCZ product offering a rebate.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

up4anething

according to Tiger Direct personnel "they will deny you and be impossible to contact" so far I got the denial and am waiting until Monday to try and contact there offices. I was told about them before hand and I am not going to give my $ away quietly. Will update monday.

Really? I had good luck with OCZ rebates. 2/2 rebates went through so far, 2 more on the way. I also RMAed RAM and SSD to them, but them back two weeks later. Very reputable company.

Really? I had good luck with OCZ rebates. 2/2 rebates went through so far, 2 more on the way. I also RMAed RAM and SSD to them, but them back two weeks later. Very reputable company.

2nd that. Got a rebate back in 4-5 weeks or so. They seem to be good. Never hear of any problems around here.

up4anething How many other forums did you join to rip OCZ for rebates?

And you posted this in the wrong sec. Seeing that your first post kind of blew up i see why you posted here.

according to Tiger Direct personnel "they will deny you and be impossible to contact" so far I got the denial and am waiting until Monday to try and contact there offices. I was told about them before hand and I am not going to give my $ away quietly. Will update monday.

First, don't listen to Tigerdirect customer service, they are ate up most of the time.
IMHO, Before you rant and rave and putting out warnings to our community, don't you think it's a little premature to be speculating on what OCZ will or will not do, try contacting them yourself. Deanzo made it real easy for you to contact an OCZ rep.

Second, I'll eat my hat if it's impossible -according to Tigerdirect- to make contact with an OCZ represenative. In fact, I have a dozen hats, I'll eat every single one if Tigerdirect is right in that you won't be able to contact them.

dragan-dabic-eating-hat01a.jpg

Impossible to contact? Post a Q about your rebate status on the OCZ forums and you'll get a response within hours (assuming its on a business day).

When it comes to customer service, whether its about RMAs or rebates, OCZ is pretty high up there to me.

nothing is free?

remember, its not OCZ that has the rebate, its the rebate house they use, some of them are good and others are bad. but yes, let the ocz rebate stories begain,

Some people make there builds off rebates, and i can not stress this enough, build your system as if the rebates and free shipping and bundle offers were not even there!

remember, its not OCZ that has the rebate, its the rebate house they use, some of them are good and others are bad. but yes, let the ocz rebate stories begain,

Some people make there builds off rebates, and i can not stress this enough, build your system as if the rebates and free shipping and bundle offers were not even there!

Rebates suck anyway. I'm impulsive and want things here and now... could be why I dislike them.

But as everyone suggested if you have a rebate, contact and OCZ rep.

I don't agree, the company offering the rebate is ultimately responsible for the rebate irregardless of what third party is handling the rebate for the company.

I haven't had issues with their rebates either, and I agree with SSS that even though they don't handle rebates directly, they are still responsible to handle things accordingly if something goes wrong. It's their product and their promotion.

OCZ was the only rebate that contacted me via email personally (last week) stating my rebate has been received and is being processed (for 2 x 1GB PC2 8500 SLI RAMs) that many of us here took advantage of just before Christmas.

They are the last company I would ever be concerned with about a rebate.

First, don't listen to Tigerdirect customer service, they are ate up most of the time.
IMHO, Before you rant and rave and putting out warnings to our community, don't you think it's a little premature to be speculating on what OCZ will or will not do, try contacting them yourself. Deanzo made it real easy for you to contact an OCZ rep.

Second, I'll eat my hat if it's impossible -according to Tigerdirect- to make contact with an OCZ represenative. In fact, I have a dozen hats, I'll eat every single one if Tigerdirect is right in that you won't be able to contact them.

dragan-dabic-eating-hat01a.jpg

I agree, I have nothing but amazing dealings with OCZ, as have many many others.

OCZ has been very good to me, got 2/2 rebates for their memory, and recently got a set of sticks replaced with no problems. RMA all done by email, very efficient.
As an aside, tore the whole damn computer apart before I figure it out to be a single bad stick of ram (and then, the last one I checked out of 4 installed) which was preventing it from booting. RAm will be the 1st thing I check next time.

Same here. Ordered a 2x2GB PC2-6400 set and and 8GB Rally2, and got checks for both within a month of submitting. Best rebate service I've ever gotten. Have never had to do an RMA on any OCZ products I've had.

OCZ is fantastic in my experience. I have had multiple successful rebates with them on different components (PSU and multiple RAM purchases), delivered in ~4 weeks, and when I had to RMA some RAM with them, it arrived in about 2 days.

Their forums are also very helpful if your looking for info on their products, RMA assistance, or just general information.

While I have read people complaining about OCZ rebates, personally I have had 2/2 returned promptly and without any issues.

I was once generous in my praise of OCZ, but I can tell you all for a fact that this is not the same OCZ of old. Their products have been thoroughly cheapened and you will grow old waiting for rebates. As for their support, that ain't what it use to be either. I could go on a two page rant about their incompetent support and tell you a story you wouldn't believe, but suffice it to say I council caution in buying any OCZ product. They were near bankruptcy last year and now they are scamming the public to stay in the black.

Caveat emptor!

R7 :beer:

Like others said, don't shop at Tiger Direct.

And next, I stay away from Mail In Rebates in general, I just hear too many horror/bad stories. It's just not worth it.

Back