• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when did newegg stop working weekends?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Ordered parts on friday. Just passed "charged" status and straight to shipped this morning.

I thought I ordered from newegg not ewiz. :confused:

Parts are coming from local warehouse so I will get them fast, just seems wierd that they do not work weekends anymore.

I know sometimes shipping companies don't work weekends, maybe they couldn't get it to them till this morning.

Ordered parts on friday. Just passed "charged" status and straight to shipped this morning.

Parts are coming from local warehouse so I will get them fast, just seems wierd that they do not work weekends anymore.

Ah, but what time did you order, and did you select the rush processing?

I've more or less figured out that if I place an order with newegg after
a certain cut-off time, say 1:00 in the afternoon my time (eastern), and
don't select rush processing, then my order won't ship until the next
business day. So, basically, if I want it shipped that day, and don't want
to pay for rush processing, I have to get my order in early. :)

Rush processing is snake oil, you're wasting your money if you ever pay for it, bz2klag.

Well it wouldn't have been shipped over the weekend regardless, and 'We don't work weekends' shows up in lots of places in terms of sale. I know it's nice to see the updates but it sounds like it would have been shipped today no matter what and that's what they've done, if it was ewiz it wouldn't be shipped until Wednesday ;) heh

Yeah, it's annoying when places don't ship. At least they didn't cancel your order after a week and give you a 5$ gift code. (yes, I'm still bitter about Buy.com)

With Newegg, maybe they are a bit more lax on their fast shipping to encourage people to buy the crappy rush processing.

I understand that they did not ship it this weekend, although TBH UPS, Defex and USPS are all open on saturday... Just wierd it never got packed.

I understand that they did not ship it this weekend, although TBH UPS, Defex and USPS are all open on saturday... Just wierd it never got packed.

Maybe they're doing that to cut costs. Where I work a lot of department that were open later and on the weekends, are now a mon-fri 9-5 hours instead of Mon-Sat, 7-9.

As long as your order is in by about 4-5 PST on Friday, it will ship Friday night USUALLY from what Ive found. I ordered on I believe Saturday and my stuff was shipped last night, around 5pm. Lucky for me Im close, so it will be here today.

Replacement mobo and SSD!

Dear Neur0mancer,

We do apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately we no longer have any type of weekend shifts but asure you we are looking into this. Anytime we can do anything to better assist our customers its something we really want to look into. Ofcourse I cannot make any promises as there is alot of issues to look into when making a new shift. If you haveany further questions or concerns please feel free to contact me personally at 800-390-1119 ext 25040 or by email at [email protected].

Back