• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Just Got Shady On Me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kraven

I placed an order last night for an HDMI cable. This morning I checked my email and it said that my card was declined yet I know for a fact that all of the info was correct and I do in fact have the sufficient funds in my account.

The funny thing is that last night this cable had free shipping and now it does not. So now if I want to get one from them, I have to pay $5.99 S&H for them to send me a $4.99 cable. This sucks. :rolleyes:

^^^ Agree with that. I purchase all my A/V cables from monoprice. Their stuff is very good quality. Just ordered an DVI-HDMI cable a few days ago.

Id' recommend monoprice as well but if you till want to go with Newegg contact them by chat or phone and I bet they'll take care of you.

newegg has got too big for there own good. i still use em first as ups ground comes overnight for me. but they are starting to slack imo.

Another bump for monoprice.

And as for Newegg, remember it is a business they are there to make money not give away handouts. Just remember they are there specifically to make money so dont expect a big company to just roll over and do what you want like give you free shipping because you complain etc etc. It is not directly at the OP but other people who always expect stores to bend over backwards for people. Remember its a BUSINESS.

With all these suggestions for monoprice, I'll head over and check them out. I could still go with a cable from the egg for like $1 more shipped. Granted the cable seems to be of lesser quality but it's just the principle of it.

Newegg, you can consider this your $10 spanking.

Another vote for monoprice. Good quality cables at a great price.

However more importantly.

This is the 3rd complaint I have seen about newegg dropping somones order i nthe past week.

Happened to me with paypal order. Happened to somone else here with a paypal order and now to you with CC payment

Possibly unrelated. Last week I placed an order on my aunt's account for some parts for her. I fogot she has to change city/zip when getting a package from anywhere but USPS. I called newegg and spoke to a CSrep. She could not change the order because it was a paypal purchase. So I said cancel it and I will reorder.

She cancelled the order. I checked online and it had not been updated to voided. So I checked back an hour later and it was marked shipped. (went from charged to shipped and skipped packaged :S)

I am thinking they are having some problems with there computer system

EDIT: OH yah. The site was done a couple of times last week as well. Perhaps this caused DB errors...

Last edited:
Quick question instead of making a new thread:

What type of HDMI cable should I get to hook my 360 up to my tv? The have two kinds; 1.3a and 1.3a category 2.

Wikipedia was unhelpful :(

Thanks Matt, I'll go with the same type of connector but I'm not in need of a 10' cable (console sits right next to the tv.) Now all I need to figure out is a color :beer:

So because your CC was declined Newegg should still ship it? I mean mistakes happen, my CC has been declined before, but I don't fault the business for that, I fault the CC company.

So because your CC was declined Newegg should still ship it? I mean mistakes happen, my CC has been declined before, but I don't fault the business for that, I fault the CC company.

In my case it was neweggs fault. In the other PP user's case, it was neweggs fault.

For the OP, if he entered bad info or did not have funds in his account, it would have failed immediately.

This is obviously an issue newegg is having.

www.monoprice.com

You shouldnt be buying from the egg just for a cable. HDMI 6 ft 1.3a cable @ monoprice is cheap. I picked up 4 HDMI cables for like $17 shipped.

I agree, if your not buying your HDMI cables at Monoprice, imho, your making a mistake. :beer:

Monoprice HDMI cable prices cannot be beat and the quality of some of the 24AWG Certified HDMI cables I know cannot be beat in price and the quality is top shelf.

Usually when I help friends with their HDTV HDMI cable needs. I tell them to get this one for $6.97 and for myself I use this and this (The second one is very thick and very sweet, if you have tight radius bends, this is not the cable for you. If you compare the 2nd one that costs $15 to a comparable BestBuy or Radio Shack offering, you will see them charging $50-$100 for a similar cable not even on par with Monoprices $15 cable.

If you have really tight bend radius, then the 'in wall' cables may not be the best choice, in that case this under $5 HDMI cable would be a good choice. Surely better than Neweggs $5 hdmi cable and Monoprice doesn't kill you on shipping and they ship quick.

Pics of my favorite two Monoprice hdmi cables :)

36611.jpg

36581.jpg

Back