• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zipzoomfly.com dishonorable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
On "Black Friday", they advertised a deal that I couldn't pass up. 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 mHz for an advertised price of -$11.50. The ad showed the original price, - $30 rebate and - $35 rebate. Well this is a good deal and I couldn't pass it up. So I bought it.

After I got the RAM, only one rebate could be honored. Now Tigerdirect did this to me before and they honored both rebates after a simple contact. I contacted Zipzoomfly.com and they responded that I could send the RAM back or accept a $5 store credit. They also pointed me to their terms of sale.

I read the terms of sale. Since they told me that the price was a "typo", I read that section carefully. They outline two options in the case of a typo.
1) cancel the order. Since they shipped the order, they opted not to cancel it.
2) honor the price. Since they did not cancel the order, their own terms of sale state they they must honor the price. They have refused.

I placed a complaint to the BBB in hopes that Zipzoomfly.com would simply honor their own terms. They have stated that they will not.

Now I know that Zipzoomfly has been around for a long time. I also see that many people have been happy with them over the years. I can tell you that I am not. I recognize that -$11.50 is too good to be true but I didn't advertise this deal. They did. They listed the cost. They listed both rebates. They showed that the final price was -$11.50. They had the right to cancel the order but chose not to. The terms of sale are their sole creation yet they choose not to honor those either.

For shame. I'd be upset if they had canceled the order but I could have lived with that as it was within their right. I did not ask for anything above the advertised cost. I have only asked that they honor their terms of sale and nothing more.

I ask this: The terms of sale are theirs. They created them and you must agree to them with every order. However, these terms worked against Zipzoomfly.com and they chose to ignore them. How much trust can you truly give them?

Last edited:
Back