• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Shipping reduction @ NewEgg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sweet. Nothing like buying a sata cable and paying $7 to ship it! Now its going to be $5.50!!! hahaha

its still not the free or $1 & $2 fed ex only shipping it used to be

ho hum

They just did that to build up a good customer base - I was shopping at the egg back when everyone was refreshing their screens at 9pm EST for all the open box deals to show up. They had some smokin deals back then!! Now they just make sure to beat everyone by a dollar or two.

Yeh. I remember when openbox items came complete, virtually brand new, and cost 25% less than what it is brand new.

Here is to hoping, your not really buying sata cables at newegg.

Where else are you supposed to buy em? walmart?

it better be one hell of a reduction.

Cost to ship my last purchase of a sound card: 15$. 3 day. overnightd'a been 54$. It weighed one pound. Rubbish. the shipping cost i mean, the montegoDDL rocks.

Last time I called newegg about a shipping issue it was in regards to some networking cables. I bought 2 at 100foot, 4 at 30 foot. The shipping was more than the cables, at about 40$. I called newegg and they waived the shipping due to the gross overcharging of the item's shipping.

And you always buy the items with free shipping anyway, duh! (networking cables didn't have anything like this, not in black anyway)

its still not the free or $1 & $2 fed ex only shipping it used to be

ho hum

They just did that to build up a good customer base - I was shopping at the egg back when everyone was refreshing their screens at 9pm EST for all the open box deals to show up. They had some smokin deals back then!! Now they just make sure to beat everyone by a dollar or two.

Not exactly, Fedex has increased their shipping fees a lot over the past couple of years. We stopped using them as our primary shipping service at work because of three or four sequential price increases. Two were simply increases we couldn't find a reason for. The two latest have been because of the rising cost of fuel and operating costs. Of course, once a business increases a fee, they rarely lower it unless absolutely necessary because, chances are, the reason for the increase is only temporarily gone. We ended up switching to the USPS since any Priority Mail package that goes on an airplane is flown by FedEx anyway as they won the airmail contract with the government a few years back.

Back