• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tigerdirect's prices goes insane !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Never cared much for TD myself, they never honored returns for me for defective products.

But at these prices, I don't know how they expect any business.

I ordered a bunch of cheap fans and CCFLs from them once, and the CCFLs were broken in half when they got to me. I sent them an email, and they shipped out new ones a couple hours later. Haven't ordered from them lately, but have noticed their prices are getting slightly odd...

I used to buy from them as they had a good return policy and they 10 minutes from my house, but now they charge you 15% restocking fee even if the product is defective. They normally about 10-15% higher than the other stores but now they've gone nuts:screwy:

They sometimes, but very rarely, have better prices than some e-tailers. This though, somebody started drinking early in the day before setting these prices. My guess is, they haven't taken into account the web-wide price drops in recent months.

better prices cause they are usually shipping you RMA items and open items as new, i hate tiger direct, especially in canada, my uncle bought a bunhc of stuff from them, over a year and %90 of it broke and had to be returned but of course they wouldnt take any of it back even though some of it broke with in a few days / weeks of buying it, or was DOA! the hassles to get anything done is a joke!

i boycotted TD years ago and anyone who mentions there name i wonbt stop until i convince them to shop at one of the many much better places.

When I was a noob PC builder I bought parts from Tiger Direct. They are ok. They have a base in Miami, so what sucks is you get charged sales tax, so that ups the price 7% more, whereas with newegg there is no tax!

TD is always higher than newegg and don't trust TD's rebates, too. I hear they don't do jack crap about it.

Again, I am froogle and TD is a good company and has a loyal customer base.

They must be implementing a pricing system that increases prices as an item's popularity increases. My guess is that the web team is out of the office for the weekend, the system has run unchecked, and this is simply a "bad" bug haha.

When I was a noob PC builder I bought parts from Tiger Direct. They are ok. They have a base in Miami, so what sucks is you get charged sales tax, so that ups the price 7% more, whereas with newegg there is no tax!

Unless you live in a state where NewEgg has a warehouse/office... in the case of Tennessee, we pay nearly 10% in sales tax. Granted we have no state income tax, so I can't complain too much.

Unless you live in a state where NewEgg has a warehouse/office... in the case of Tennessee, we pay nearly 10% in sales tax. Granted we have no state income tax, so I can't complain too much.

i hate the the sales tax but hey thats tennesse, i work at kroger and get people from out of state through my register and their like, you have a tax on food or which ever tax we might be talking about at the moment

Back