• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guaranteed 3 day UPS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

do they refund the shipping to the shipper or what? Ordered a 4830 video card from newegg last Thursday, shipped out Friday, might arrive today...

lame

What Melan says is true. I used to load delivery trucks for UPS. UPS centers don't operate on the weekends except in some areas they might deliver high priority packages on saturdays (which requires one to two drivers for a whole city).

What I believe happens is if your package gets on a truck during the last shift of friday and has to travel a long distance, say from dallas to st. louis, it will end up in st. louis sometime over the weekend, but it will sit in the cargo truck in the parking lot all weekend. It won't be touched until early monday morning when the next shift starts. That means your tracking will make it seem as if it was on a 2 and a half day long truck drive.

This is ballpark what happens, and a lot of it probably depends on what shift/time your package hits what type of center.

Even then, now that I finally realize it's Wednesday.., he should have received it yesterday since that was the 3rd day right? Which makes today the 4th day of delivery. You can try contacting Newegg to see if something can be done in terms of getting some of your shipping fees back?

It's been a while since I used the guaranteed delivery stuff. So I might be wrong on this part. x.x

Even then, now that I finally realize it's Wednesday.., he should have received it yesterday since that was the 3rd day right?

Nope. If gets shipped out Monday and you get it Tuesday, it is only 1 day between those two points. So Friday to Monday (1 day) Monday to Tuesday (2 day ) Tuesday to Wednesday (3 day).

The day it leaves(ships) does not count as a day basically. That's just how it works and, as has already been stated, saturdays generally do not count(although I have gotten packages on a Saturday once or twice).

i just bought some stuff from new egg last Saturday and it said it billed/shipped early Saturday morning. I thought cool but now its Wen. and i won't get my stuff till Thur. that a total of four days not including Sat.

also something i notice is that i selected 3 day Guaranteed UPS and my invoice they sent me now says 3 day "select". I'm not in a real rush to get my stuff but i saw this thread and thought i would share my experience.

i just bought some stuff from new egg last Saturday and it said it billed/shipped early Saturday morning. I thought cool but now its Wen. and i won't get my stuff till Thur. that a total of four days not including Sat.

also something i notice is that i selected 3 day Guaranteed UPS and my invoice they sent me now says 3 day "select". I'm not in a real rush to get my stuff but i saw this thread and thought i would share my experience.

No, it is 3 day service. They don't ship on Saturday, so it doesn't actually go out until Monday

|Monday (same day, less than 24 hours) Monday| If you got it Monday, it would be same day service, and VERY expensive.
|Monday (1 day) Tuesday| If you got it Tuseday, it would be overnight service.
|Tuesday (1 day) Wednesday| If you got it Wednesday, it would be 2 day service.
|Wednesday (1 day) Thursday| If you got it Thursday, it would be 3 day service.

I just found it funny that the tracking said it shipped Saturday. And why don't they change it to 4 day guaranteed shipping. It really does take four days.

Except Newegg says they don't ship on Saturdays.

And according to the way you are counting, a week would have 8 days.

Sunday, noon. Day 1
Monday, noon. Day 2
Tuesday, noon. Day 3
Wednesday, noon. Day 4
Thursday, noon. Day 5
Friday, noon. Day 6
Saturday noon. Day 7
Sunday noon, back to the starting point. Day 8

No i excluded the weekend. i just found it funny that it said "shipped" on a Saturday when we know they don't.
I thought that it would arrive on Wendsday because MON, TUE, WED that would be three days. right? But really my order is going from MON, TUE, WED, THRU which is 4 days.
SO if i wanted a package in by Friday then i would have to order it on a TUE and I would get it on Friday. Which again TUE, WED, THUR, FRI. thats four days.

I'm not trying to be a pain just doesn't seem right to say "guaranteed 3 day" when it really takes 4 days. Unless i'm missing something.... Like i said again I'm not trying to be pain.

EDIT: I miss you #9 post with the pretty colored days of the week. but Mon-Thur thats four days.

Edit #2: Ok i see it a little better now. it really is like three days shipping but it takes 4 days altogether.
So if they just said 4 day guaranteed no one could complain anymore.

Last edited:
USPS priority mail is like 2 days usually, 3 days max. Just do a drop test on ur box first.

USPS Priority usually is 2-3 days, except for the last two packages I've ordered from here in the classifieds. Both shipped on Friday from places in the northeast to me here in Maine. Haven't seen them yet, and USPS does deliver on Saturday so I'm on day 4 now. I'm guessing the weekend's storm has something to do with it. I also have a pretty crappy mailman who'll refuse to deliver mail for the stupidest reasons, so that could be it too.

Ken

No i excluded the weekend. i just found it funny that it said "shipped" on a Saturday when we know they don't.
I thought that it would arrive on Wendsday because MON, TUE, WED that would be three days. right? But really my order is going from MON, TUE, WED, THRU which is 4 days.
SO if i wanted a package in by Friday then i would have to order it on a TUE and I would get it on Friday. Which again TUE, WED, THUR, FRI. thats four days.

I'm not trying to be a pain just doesn't seem right to say "guaranteed 3 day" when it really takes 4 days. Unless i'm missing something.... Like i said again I'm not trying to be pain.

EDIT: I miss you #9 post with the pretty colored days of the week. but Mon-Thur thats four days.

Edit #2: Ok i see it a little better now. it really is like three days shipping but it takes 4 days altogether.

The reason it says 'shipped' on Saturday is that the shipping information is generated automatically by Newegg at the time of purchase. Even if Newegg has people in the warehouse to fulfill the order UPS will not pickup up over the weekend though. They really ought to set it up so that the 'shipping day' never falls on a weekend but who knows where that problem is, could be in UPS's software.

usps priority is pretty fast, i shipped an item i sold on ebay before and the buyer got it the next day. and on newegg i ordered some pc parts on friday and it came tuesday, which is pretty fast.

its not 4 days altogether. If it ships on monday, UPS gets it on monday. They havent had it a full day till tuesday. two full days till Wednesday, three full days till thursday, at which point you receive it. Your counting Monday as a full day, when UPS probably didnt pickup till the end of the day.

its not 4 days altogether. If it ships on monday, UPS gets it on monday. They havent had it a full day till tuesday. two full days till Wednesday, three full days till thursday, at which point you receive it. Your counting Monday as a full day, when UPS probably didnt pickup till the end of the day.

This is what I was trying to explain earlier. This is exactly correct! Either way, regardless of morning, noon, or night, the first day never counts.

To the consumer, it is 4 days.

Back